(re)fuelbug?

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!

Look at my Quote, how should it be ?

Timelinebased
17%
Timelinebased
17%
Propertybased
33%
Propertybased
33%

Total votes: 6

()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

(re)fuelbug?

Post by ()Alf »

Finally i hacked my save to 10000000000 credits and got me a goddard :roll:
I just recognized, when switching to turretcontrol i suddenly had 100% fuel again (stayed this way as switched back to normalview). Interesting ingame cheat ;)
Btw, i find it a little strange that as soon as i hacked and got a goddard, there are many other goddards flying around, which didn't while i tried to make money with my llama. In my opinion such stuff should be strickly timeline based, not related to personal properties (includes technology which is proposed to be available in a more advanced time in the game).
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

There's a setting called "difficulty" that increases a small amount each time you earn a credit... that determines what upgrades the enemy ships have on them. So if you hack your save game credits up to 10^10 credits that probably just increases the difficulty to the highest value immediately.

It is supposed to simulate a timeline, but based on the progress you make rather than the amount of time passed... with the exception of making a huge amount of money instantly.
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Hmm, somehow i don't like this kind of timeline management, but on the other side i don't have an alternative in mind, maybe a combination of both.

Back to the bug, also "saved targets" are gone when switched to turretcontrol and back again.
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
ravenhawk82
Trader
Trader

Post by ravenhawk82 »

ace123 wrote:There's a setting called "difficulty" that increases a small amount each time you earn a credit... that determines what upgrades the enemy ships have on them. So if you hack your save game credits up to 10^10 credits that probably just increases the difficulty to the highest value immediately.

It is supposed to simulate a timeline, but based on the progress you make rather than the amount of time passed... with the exception of making a huge amount of money instantly.
Really? I hacked my savegame file a while back to do the same thing, and the game got easier.... Probably because I also gave myself a Beholder ship while I was at it :lol:
Core 2 E6600 @ 3.15GHz, 8800GTS 640MB, EVGA 680i, 2GBs of G.Skill DDR2-800, 300GBs of storage
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Now i hacked to get a Beholder and left credits as it was... and it happend that there suddenly where Goddards flying around (after i killed this confed ship the mafia wanted me to do in cephid 17). As i played without cheating i never saw a goddard, even after killing that confed :?

[edit]
is the value of equipment also counted as earned credit :?: