Stuck in an Asteroid defense station.

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Stuck in an Asteroid defense station.

Post by Xante »

Hello,

I'm using Vegastrike 0.5.

While travelling through space, I once came by Hhrass, and found there a station called a "Asteroid defense station". I was flying a vendetta, hunter spec.

Allthough the station looked a bit destroyed and stuck in an asteroid field, I thought it would be fine at least to have a look. As I approached, I was wondering how there wasn't any asteroid orbiting. The only asteroid was in fact the station itself. "Fine" I told to me "then I can dock easerly". I approached and hit D. The docking quaders where all red, so I flew around the station to find the entrance.

But there was none. Just one hook of the first quader came out of the station, just enough for my little fighter to dock at it. Finally I was save on the landing pad. I was thinking....

I visited the starport, and finally came by the shipyard, where a brand new milspec goddard was only waiting for me. Yeeeehaaa I thought, and within 5 minutes It was mine, fully upgraded with all the shiny upgrades I found on this little station.

Then came the time to say goodbye. I launched and......

....I was stuck into the wall of the station!! And as if this wasn't enough, the station got mad at me and started shooting at me! As I was prisonner of this asteroid, I coulnd't flee, and finally exploded. I don't know what hurt me more, if it was the station I was colliding with or the turrets which where shooting at me.

I thought if I respawn and retry, I would finally find a way to escape the station, but I tried about 10 times and finally gave up. I didn't try to buy back a smaller ship and then to escape. I think since the landing quaders are inside the station and unreachable, I don't think this would make a difference. I am stuck on this station.

If at least I would know how to hack me into another station.... I tried but I ended up in a system without jump points.
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Well, i got stuck at such a station with the tiny llama as well, only help was reload another save.... since that, i do like before, docking from outside, even if it's a red square it's working when your are close enough.

Btw, stations should have more room to fly in... :roll:
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Btw, stations should have more room to fly in... Rolling Eyes
Tell me about it i have lost count of the number of times i bounced around in the Serenity station docking tunnel.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Xante »

()Alf wrote:Well, i got stuck at such a station with the tiny llama as well, only help was reload another save.... since that, i do like before, docking from outside, even if it's a red square it's working when your are close enough.

Btw, stations should have more room to fly in... :roll:

Dock from outside? But as I told, all the red squares were inside... how do you do it then?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I'll have a look and see if i can place some better docking points it wont be the first base that was imposable to dock to because of bad placement.so what was the full name of that offending base.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Dock from outside? But as I told, all the red squares were inside... how do you do it then?
Well, i nearly kissed the bases hull, but it was close enough to dock.
so what was the full name of that offending base.
In my case it was the AsteroidAndolianFighterBase in Indra system where i had another "problem": http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=10274
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Hi, just ran into this. see screenshot bellow. SVN rev: 11873

Thats me inside a asteroid fighter base. every time i launch, i get launched inside the station, and i cant go though the mesh back into space (well at least the collider is working.)

And i can just stand there inside the station, if i try getting out it starts shooting at me.
I will keep trying to get out, since i m saved in there... :(

EDITED: well after some tries i did manage to get out. I hit the inside of the station at around 100 m/s then when i got almost half the ship through the mesh i turned the ship sideways so more than half the ship was outside. then i got bounced to the outside of the station, and i don't know why it didn't shoot at me.
My System: Arch Linux x86_64 Bits CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 995 RAM: Kingston DDR2 800Mhz 8 GB GPU: Dual ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB Opensource ATI-Git Drivers. HD: SATA 500 Gb WindowManager: KDE4 Joystick: Thustmaster T.Flight Stick X USB
Xit
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Xit »

It seemed to me that while Serentiy's docking points are close enough to the tunnet to let you dock, they actually spawn you in the wall of the docking tunnel. Having said that, I watched a nearby Ishmael (though this wasn't it's in game name) fly right through the station on it's docking pass so I think there oughta be a point on the outside for bigger ships, at least for the time being til docking can be limited...