Collisions cause Hyperspeed traveling

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
Major
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Collisions cause Hyperspeed traveling

Post by Major »

when i collide with an object, my ship is being thrown away often at speed of 30.000 and more. That speed doesm´t seem to be dependent on the collision speed.
Sometimes the speed is 9.000 and sometimes it is beyond 30.000.

I just did some tests; when i was flying against an object with speed 100 my ship was flying through the hull and after some seconds inside a minig base, my ship exploded.

In the next attempt i was thrown away with a speed of 300.

Tomorrow i do some more tests. Maybe it´s useful to know in which circumstances the speed is faster or slower
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Re: Collisions cause Hyperspeed traveling

Post by ace123 »

Major wrote:when i collide with an object, my ship is being thrown away often at speed of 30.000 and more. That speed doesm´t seem to be dependent on the collision speed.
Sometimes the speed is 9.000 and sometimes it is beyond 30.000.

I just did some tests; when i was flying against an object with speed 100 my ship was flying through the hull and after some seconds inside a minig base, my ship exploded.

In the next attempt i was thrown away with a speed of 300.

Tomorrow i do some more tests. Maybe it´s useful to know in which circumstances the speed is faster or slower
Yes we know about this bug. It is one of my personal biggest annoyances about the game and we will fix it by (0.)4.0 (We need to fix the data and the 3.0 data has wrong masses, etc.)