Can't (de)accelerate

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Can't (de)accelerate

Post by ()Alf »

Hi,

first of all, i started VS about a year ago and got addicted to it as i used the newest svn version, until i was confronted with the "saved game on station, reloaded, stations gone and spawnd in space"- bug. Now i wanted to reenter the VS universe again using newest version via svn (11724) and before i could get used to the configs again i encountered this problem.

Mainproblem: :?:
I started a new game and left the planet without doing anything. The speed of the ship is at 120, when i press '+' it goes to 123, when '-' to 116. When i release the key it returns to 120. As i understand DecelKey and AccelKey i would call this a bug, isnt it? (btw, i would find a toggleable StopKey more practicable)

SideProblem :?: :!:
I realized that the manifest-bug is still present (the one where target manifest entries seem to scroll extremly fast, in fact the screenshot shows that it's garbage).

Question :?: :?:
Is the "saved game on station, reloaded, stations gone and spawnd in space"- bug sprayed?

Statement :!: :!: :!:
I love you people for still working on a such promising great game, i'm positiv surprised that it isn't already abandoned like so many other promising freewaregames and mods for commercial games!
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

is your speed being placed ther by an 'autodetected throttle' such as a mouse or joystick?

IE, do you have a joystick set up, and if you do, is there a slider on there which will affect the speed?
AMD 4800 - NVIDIA 7600 - Slackware Linux 12.2
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

omg, i chose 3ax+t joy instead of 2ax+t, thought i had changed it before but didn't help, thx for the input with the throttle.
...toggleable StopKey... shame on me :oops:

Anything about the manifest thingy?
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

I don't know about the manifest thing, I never have had a problem with it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

About saved games the save function has been rewritten a few time since your last visit :wink: and older saves are not compatible :(

As for trying to read the manifest in the right VDU yeah it still scrolls at light speed and i believe pretty low priority :wink: there are lots of other things to keep the code jockeys busy.have fun

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Too bad that they didn't make the available missions save as well, so you can reload until you find a suiting one for the next trip :?

But maybe it's intentioned this way?
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

You know, I don't remember. I was thinking that in the recent build this actually WAS the case. I had thought missions saved themselves.
stephane
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stephane »

()Alf,

About your problem "saved game on station, reloaded, stations gone and spawnd in space"...
I found that you can still use the keyboard up/down/left/right keys (as well as +/- throttle) to move the ship when this bug happens. The ship is affected by a "drift" corresponding to the stuck mouse cursor, but it's possible to compensate it with the keyboard.

You can then dock again on the same station (it will be near your ship) the usual way.

Hope it helps,
- Stephane
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

@stephane

No! I spawned in space an no station at all were in the system, only planets. But the fact that i encountered this bug about a year ago let me guess this bug has been fixed, the gone entry about this in the bugtracker supports my guess.
---------------------

Too bad that there are many more gameplay bugs i'm currently encountering than that time i played VS (SVN) the first time (or maybe they are only in current SVN verion :?:)

- "same" enemy ships seem to chasing me through all systems by just spawning or such
- killing 1 of those ships makes 2 of them coming again, luckily the crowd crash each other some time (before they crash into me)
- other ships, not following me, just seem waiting for something at jumppoints and orbits
- there is really few stuff to buy, at mining station you can get some 1000 of raw gases (ok, didn't visited every type of base/planet yet), thats ok, but other stocks are mostly limited to just 1 piece not worth trading (well, except things like "automated factories" if you can afford :mrgreen:)
- buying ammo for an IonBurster let it fill to 30000 rounds (new bought burster had 10000, which may intentended), but didn't let me fill up the second burster (so i have 1 with 30000 and the other 98xx).

Some things are just a little annoying, others make you finding this game boring and extremly frustrating. Read about they rewrite some code and do things, maybe that's helping to get rid of the critcal problems, but actually i don't really know whats going on :? :?:

Does official version 0.5 has the same probs as the SNV version :?:

Second thought i had were, if starting a new campaign could it effect the old saved games in some way (or dependencies if there are)? You'd maybe have corrupted playability after reloading the old save (another thread let me think this, my brain (if still somewhere around) feels somehow cooked :?)

Of course the coders have my respect for the work they doing, it's really great what they want achieve, wishes/requests they obviously want to realize. I wish i could help in another way than just complaining, but my capabilities on such matters are very limited :cry:

Well... don't beat me too hard, i feel like spamming :(