collision detection

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

collision detection

Post by FlyingAce »

try taking a nova and getting it into one of a confed starfortress's small docking bays. there is enough space, but the nova acts like it has hit a wall. what's with this? is it because of the sheild? if it is then how do u shut down your sheild?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

if you roll your ship properly (go into f6 view) I think you should be able to see when you're going to collide or not...the docking port is narrow

could be the new nova is too big to fit in--the old one did...only tested with the old
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
FlyingAce
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by FlyingAce »

I did check and there is more than enough room, however when I go in the sheilds light up and it flys back.

(I'm having the same problem with my destroyer, however I can get my fighter I made through if I go very slow.) (technique does not work on starfortress)
bobdickgus
Trader
Trader

Post by bobdickgus »

What about the large cargo ship, docking that is a PITA, especially if its a moving ship with docking ports on the sides.
Blah Blah Yackarty Smackarty!
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Post by pontiac »

bobdickgus wrote:What about the large cargo ship, docking that is a PITA, especially if its a moving ship with docking ports on the sides.
That's not the problem. (just press [HOME] and [BACKSPACE] to equal speed)
But if the docking clamps are not reachable for even a small ship, because of its shield/mesh/whatever , that's a really bad handicap.
And for larger ships there should be at least one very big docking port on one of the other points of the base/capship/...

Pontiac

Pontiac