Configure stuff

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
ezra-s
Merchant
Merchant

Configure stuff

Post by ezra-s »

I know most of this is just configure stuff but I think it is configured wrong by default.. not sure if this happens to all of you, lets go:

* Right after launching a new game my ship can speed up untill 1440 hitting the + button.
* Right after launching a new game I can afterburn to 1440 (I didnt buy anything, not an afterburner, is this normal?)
* After buying and selling some cargo stuff going this planet, or that mining base, selling around (in the same system) suddenly I can speed up ever more, and afterburn even more (I think indefinetly).
* In CVS I could see the jump gates with their colors like if it was some kind of a red worm hole, now I just see a geometric form and I get to see some red effects when I actually jump.
* After coming out of autopilot the games stucks for a few seconds, sometimes even also when engaging jump or disengaging.

Thanks and happy bug squashing.

PS: Big congrats for this release, it does not look like a 0.4x version.. but much better. Go Opensource and Vegastrike, go!
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Here are some responses to your questions/comments
  • People said that they wanted the starting ship to be maneuverable, so that's what you get.
  • Before you buy an afterburner, the afterburn key does the same as the + key.
  • Do you mean that it it turns and acelerates faster when only when there is less cargo? Or does it get faster all the time, even when you buy cargo?
  • The geometric form is displayed by your hud before the wormhole is opened. When it is opened, then you can see the entire red jump point.
  • The game pauses after autopiloting/jumping when it has to load ships. You can hit the u/Shift-U keys to see the guys that launched. Sometimes they are enemies and you can also hit the h/Shift-H keys to see them.
ezra-s
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ezra-s »

With or without cargo the ship can go as fast as infinity.. dont know how this changes...

by default max speed is 1440...

People asked for 1440 speed? About the afterburner.. it does not do the same that the +, cause it acts as an afterburner speeding up pretty fast and the speed setting stays on 0 so when I stop hitting afterburner the ship goes back to 0 speed.

whats the max speed of the enemies? 1440 is way too much for a ship speed, unless enemies can go at 2000 without after burner..or stuff like that

I would like to know whats the theory about speeds.. I mean...

Base Speed range w/o afterburner = 0-500?
Speed range w afterburner = base speed + 1200?

or how?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

If you hit (not pounding, as it will break your keyboard, but just pressing) the Y key, it will toggle non-combat mode.

In non-combat mode, your ship can go up to infinity. THe problem with this is that your shields cannot support the speed of particles flying around you anymore, and gradually sink down. Also, it takes a while to slow down.

The afterburner does the same as pressing backslash (max speed) and then going back to your original speed when you release the key. If you The accelleration of tab without afterburner is the same as backslash.
Base Speed range w/o afterburner = 0-500?
Speed range w afterburner = base speed + 1200?
Earlier you said 1440, now you say 500?

I'm confused.
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

500 and 1440. that's relaxing and moderate speeds of the Llama respectively, I believe.
ezra-s
Merchant
Merchant

Post by ezra-s »

I have been playing longer with the game and yeah, I was mistaken, the speeds set are really correct and I think shouldnt be changed.

Also my "problem" with infinite speed was by having pressed the y key, which I didnt know what it was for, hehehe :)

After also applying the patch I have to say the game is greatly enjoyable, I am just missing a better in-game map cause I am nuts trying to know where I am and which systems to go to jump to different sectors... but I am sure this will come soon.

The game is great, truly!