Radar in stable

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Radar in stable

Post by bgaskey »

Okay. I thought i knew, but i have no idea. What do the 2 little green radar things at the bottom do and how do you use them. I have tried to figure out just by watching them, but they are baffling.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

The circle on the left is your forward radar, the one on the right is your aft radar.

Dots are all objects. Ships, planets, missiles, space stations...all have a dot. If you have a radar that support friend/foe, friends will be green, foes will be orange to red, and foes actively targeting you will be light blue. Neutral points like planets and jumps should be white or yellow (I believe)

It's actually more of a direction tracker. There's no distance indication, so a ship flying on your wing at less than 1000m looks the same as a ship 200km away in radar. You can only rely on the radar to give you angles to targets.

Dots will remain at the outer rim of one radar display when they move into the field of the other, e.g. when you pass a ship, it's dot will slide to the outside edge of your forward radar, then on the rear radar, you will see its dot move away from the edge.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Regarding the distance thing, there's supposed to be an Elite-style radar option that makes it show distance, but in 0.4.3 that's broken. Hopefully it will work in SVN.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Thanks guys. That was totally different from what i had thought.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Miramor wrote:
Regarding the distance thing, there's supposed to be an Elite-style radar option that makes it show distance, but in 0.4.3 that's broken. Hopefully it will work in SVN.
Not broken there is no hud art for it ATM :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2