Goddard and Turrets

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
bpsl
Explorer
Explorer

Goddard and Turrets

Post by bpsl »

I have difficult to use Turrets. Right, ] switch on and off, but, in 0.4.3, I can't find anyone hostile (only in 1 times I toasted a Hyena)... h don't work, time passes and the 16 pirate plowshares are shooting me with something with phase damage, so I leave and kill them with the "ordinary" way (well, the 3 Penetrator Guns I installed over the missile slots maybe help, when hit... maybe autotracking is not so useful with guns?).

So, any way to turn the AI on WITH something about "shoot anything hostile in range" turned on?
The "o" don't work. Or, it looks so.

Have I to learn how to compile and use SVN?
(or I have to wait 0.5.0? Maybe September 2007?)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@bpsl if i remember correctly you have to turn the AI on for each battle i guess it gets bored with nothing to do and goes to sleep :wink: do you hear a sound when you toggle the AI on you should.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bpsl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bpsl »

With AI on, I am NOT sure (in 0.4.3) turrets can find any hostile target. I think "no".
And I don't hear any sound... I have to press "o" more than once, seeing with F5 or F6, I guess AI is on, because it moves... but it get bored very early (and it's not the case to try when 18 enemy ships are approaching).
Only in a couple of cases, I got a target almost invisible with SHIFT-P, toasting it.

I hope next stable version there is something "AI on and shoot nearest hostile target", because it's impossible to switch turrets.
(hoping to get a new stable version soon, of course!)

BTW, yesterday I got a strange thing: I had noone around, I heard a collide sound, then armor (Aera Polyduranium) in one side got 0, hull 0, some damage around (reactor and so on. Ship dark red), like I got something big, like an asteroid (but I had NOTHING around). Oh, well...

And, BTW2, I am unable to dock a Aera Research: Rlaan (and/or others) kill it when I am approaching. Maybe someone wrote "FOLLOW ME" in the rear of Goddard? ;-)
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Every turret that I have, requires me to move the SHIP in order to aim the turret...

Are there any Turrets that differ from these ones..?
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

I've used the Goddard turrets to great effect, and I've never experienced the need to move the whole ship to aim a turret.. they can pan and tilt in limited degrees, so they can target roughly a full hemisphere around the ship.

If you happen to be in the turret, then yes, your view swings with the turret in the same way as if you were turning the ship, but looking through one of the chase camera views will show that the ship is still going the direction you left it in and only the turret is moving.... that is unless you've uncovered another bug.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

As a Goddard pilot i must say, these are the first i've heard of them, not that there not there. Sure, to me (a Privateer Remake fan) the turret control is a little cumbersome but nothing like that has ever happened.

If all else does not work, do what some do, man them your self.

VS (at least in PR) caters for a switch that turns on the craft AI when you switch to a turret. We at PU are still trying to make it usable.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

I'd certainly like the ability to toggle the turret AI without having to jump into the turret, not that I mind manning a 10,000 MJ gun with a 10km range, but it's a bit tough to fly the ship and jump over to turn the turret on when I get ambushed.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

mortaneous wrote:I'd certainly like the ability to toggle the turret AI without having to jump into the turret, not that I mind manning a 10,000 MJ gun with a 10km range, but it's a bit tough to fly the ship and jump over to turn the turret on when I get ambushed.

Code: Select all

<bind key="P" modifier="none" command="TurretTargetKey" />
		<bind key="o" modifier="none" command="TurretAIOn" />
		<bind key="o" modifier="ctrl" command="TurretAIOff" />	
		<bind key="O" modifier="none" command="TurretAIFireAtWill" />
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

JackS, send that to Chuckstarchaser as we can use this in PU.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

OT:
MAS: It's already there; in PR/PU/WCU, Ctrl-W is Fire at Will; for all your turrets.
/OT
Namlem
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Namlem »

Wait, how do you use the turrets? Also, I think mine have been destroyed. It says something about being destroyed under "sub-units."
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

In that case you have to fix it individually ie.click on it like you want to sell it because it is broke fix it first.Sometimes you have to fix it,sell it and buy it back for a repair to take 100%.Have fun 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2