The Money Hack Hasn't Worked.

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

The Money Hack Hasn't Worked.

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I don't know if this is allowed, but how do you do the money hack?
Last edited by Dark-Blood-Hound on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Open your save file in a text editor, then look at the first line.
There should be a number surrounded by carets (^) like this ^2340.831934^ fairly near the beginning. That's your money. I forget what the max value is, but a few hundred million is enough for whatever you want.
Edit the number, save the file, then start Vegastrike and you should be rich.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

mortaneous wrote:Open your save file in a text editor, then look at the first line.
There should be a number surrounded by carets (^) like this ^2340.831934^ fairly near the beginning. That's your money. I forget what the max value is, but a few hundred million is enough for whatever you want.
Edit the number, save the file, then start Vegastrike and you should be rich.

Thankyou soooooo much! I have been wanting to know how to do this in ages..
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Oh damn, I can't find my saved file. Which folder is it located?
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Usually /vegastrikedir/.vegastrike/ on windows and ~/.vegastrike on unix.
But see the recent threads on vista for errata.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Halleck wrote:Usually /vegastrikedir/.vegastrike/ on windows and ~/.vegastrike on unix.
But see the recent threads on vista for errata.

I'm using Vista and XP on the same computer at the same time, but my Vegastrike is on XP. ;)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

In the folder that you installed vegastrike to ther should be a folder called .vegastrike inside there an other six folders one of which is save your ship is in serialized_xml in a folder with your save game name.if this doesn't work there is always the find file functions look for what you called it :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

loki1950 wrote:In the folder that you installed vegastrike to ther should be a folder called .vegastrike inside there an other six folders one of which is save your ship is in serialized_xml in a folder with your save game name.if this doesn't work there is always the find file functions look for what you called it :wink:

Yes, Ive found it. :D

Now I have like 99,000,000 or something like that.. :S
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

I have an Intel iMac and i cant find the save file anywhere, can you help me out?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

#Blazer X first a disclaimer i don't use a Mac but the save files are in a hidden folder in your home folder it is called .vegastrike the dot is what makes it hidden since i don't use a Mac that's about all i know but IIRC there is a thread around with a better description try the search function you may get lucky.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

I can get to the ".vegastrike043" folder but i cant find the name of the file (username) anywhere.
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

Nvm, i found it. thx for your help.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

I'm sooo forgetfull, can anyone provide me with the code for a Goddard which I'll get when I start off new again...?
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

I think it was Goddard.begin but i'm not entirely sure.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

It's Goddard.milspec for a milspec model, Goddard.blank for a stock model. There's no such thing as a beginning Goddard. :)
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Miramor wrote:It's Goddard.milspec for a milspec model, Goddard.blank for a stock model. There's no such thing as a beginning Goddard. :)

Ok, thanks sooo much! I'll try it when I go back home on sunday... :D
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Miramor wrote:It's Goddard.milspec for a milspec model, Goddard.blank for a stock model. There's no such thing as a beginning Goddard. :)

Erm.... These must be wrong. I tried them on a new saved game, and the same thing happened as before...

My ship was invisible, and targeted planets dissapeared. (Basecly the save is screwed). -_-
Jeff2121
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Jeff2121 »

This is what happens when you mess around with the save-game. Your screwed. :wink:
My Dream Machine (Soon to Be):

Kingston 4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Quad Core
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
320GB SATA HDD (Raid 0)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Code: Select all

cut --delim=, -f1 < units/units.csv|grep Goddard
Goddard
Goddard.blank
Goddard.milspec
This is what I get for the names of the Goddards in units.csv... you could run the same (unix) command on the units.csv from 0.4.3.

Here, I'll do it on my archived vegastrike 0.4.3:

Code: Select all

cut --delim=, -f1 < units/units.csv|grep goddard
goddard.template
goddard.blank
goddard
So if you're using 0.4.3 you have to use a lowercase name. Also, there doesn't seem to be a milspec (but there is a .template which has since been deprecated, safe to ignore it.) Other than that it looks the same. You probably want the regular "goddard".
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Jeff2121 wrote:This is what happens when you mess around with the save-game. Your screwed. :wink:

Not exactly FULLY Screwed, I tested it out on a new save game, not my proper save game.. So no harm done. ;)

(PS: Thanks Halleck)
FeDuS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by FeDuS »

Hello there, im new to this game... and i can tell you taht is an awesome game.
I was reading several forum threads, and there are many people asking about "tweakin money" i looked on the save file and as everyone says is located between te "^" . But i noticed that the number there does not match te amount of money that i have on the game. To put it clearly, in the text file appears as 6092.xxxxx (something like that) and on the game you can see 13500. I dont want to screw up things, so maybe anyone can tell me what are the values mean.
I can tell (by logic standard system) that if 6092.xxx is equals 13500, then i can construt a rule of
13500 ------------------- 6092.xxxxx
9000000----------------- X

so take 9000000 multiplied by 6092.xxxx an then divide the result by 13500.

But theres a chance of the code to not obey standard mathematic rule so, i can screw up things badly. That was why i ask that.

I know that looks like riddles, but my english isnt so good. i apologize if i made it barely understandable.

Anotehr Question... can i tweak the save file to start with a Kafka or a Plowshare?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards to all!
ImageImageImage
To start press any key....Where´s the "any" key???
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Sounds to me like you are looking at the wrong file.
If you edit your actual saved game you should see 13500.0 credits (when did you save?).

It's the first number, on the first line of the file, right after your star system.

In addition, your ship is right next to it. If you want to change the ship you are flying, open up the units.csv file in a Spreadsheet program (MS Excel is okay to view it, but Excel might corrupt the file upon saving).
Then, use the exact name that's in the first ("Key") column (same capitalization).

But I strongly recommend keeping a backup of any files you change at all, as far too many people have lost their saved games by making a mistake when editing them.
FeDuS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by FeDuS »

Thnx ace123!

i will look on to units.csv to get some ship, any soft besides ecxel to open it and get the file intact (not corrupted). I always made backup files before editing :wink: . So the number is the same as appears in the game, i dont know why then showed like 6092.xxx but its ok. I´ve already modified it. and it wrorks good....
Well i need a new ship now, some smartass blow me ship in pieces.
So the units.cvs hint is very useful!
some more questions...
1) when i hit the "a" key... the space ship goes into hyperspace, but sometimes i hit the "a" key and nothing happens. Why is that?
2) If i edit the save file to change my ship, can i select any other ship that appears on units.cvs?

Thnx for taking you time ace123
Best Regards!
ImageImageImage
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome FeDuS careful with the save of units.csv if you are using Exeel it has a habit of converting things to M$ format we have a tool that was custom built for us http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7143 now your game play questions, the SPEC drive "a" is effected by gravity wells so in one it takes forever to move around :wink: and yes any ship avoid the template ones as mentioned earlier in this thread that as you will find the capital ships handle like bricks :wink:

FeDuS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by FeDuS »

I truly apreciate all the support given!
Want to Thnx for the replies. I was thinking on help on developing, I can draw a little :wink: . I do no know about programming, but i have others skills....and of course i love testing. So im foward to look into the forum if anyone needs a hand.
By the way, all of you who put their little grain of sand here, you´ve made an awesome forum here! Congrats on your succes.

Im going now... i have some Space jerks to take down.

Best Regards!
ImageImageImage