Another question.. This time it's about repair systems

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Octavius8
Merchant
Merchant

Another question.. This time it's about repair systems

Post by Octavius8 »

I recently stumbled into a research station (I got cloak long ago from passing teslas and kahans) and saw a Research->Repair ai Advanced (AI is in lowercase). Is it different compared to the Advanced Repair AI? Judging by the description, it should be, but should I junk my Advanced Repair Droid in favour of this? (Repair ai Advanced is more expensive though)

And I finally got an ECM 3, and it's bugged(50% broken for each reload) like it's predecessors. Fortunately, repairing it is ridiculously cheap (<1 credit)

I'm currently using Vegastrike 0.4.3.

Thanks for any reply. By the way, I'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying due to frequent question threads.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Just sell the old repair AI they are not additive.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Octavius8
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Octavius8 »

Sorry but I don't quite understand the repair systems. Are the effects of repair AIs only are unadditive or is it the same for all repair systems? Logically, Repair AIs should work in tandem with a repair droid...but I'm not too sure about it. Furthermore, is research/Repair ai advanced (note the lowercase)better then the droid, in your experience?

Oh, Loki, thanks for answering to my frequent posts.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

There are 6 repair systems. In order of increasing effectiveness:
1. repair system
2. advanced repair system
3. repair droid
4. advanced repair droid
5. repair ai
6. advanced repair ai

Your ship will only use the best one available.
There is no merit to keeping a lesser system on your ship.

Additionally, there is the HUD repair system. In 043, it is not recommended to purchase this upgrade at all because it has bugs that interfere with other ship upgrades. These bugs may have been fixed in the SVN version, but I do not know.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Shissui wrote:
Additionally, there is the HUD repair system. In 043, it is not recommended to purchase this upgrade at all because it has bugs that interfere with other ship upgrades. These bugs may have been fixed in the SVN version, but I do not know.
Hud repair is still buggy :roll: as well as EMC 1

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Reinski
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reinski »

Shissui wrote:There are 6 repair systems. In order of increasing effectiveness:
1. repair system
2. advanced repair system
3. repair droid
4. advanced repair droid
5. repair ai
6. advanced repair ai

Your ship will only use the best one available.
There is no merit to keeping a lesser system on your ship.

May be a pretty stupid question, but:
How do I activate the repair system?? I'm flying around with a repair droid on board for quite some time now, but never got any hint that he was repairing anything. Damaged systems always stayed damaged, so I wonder if I'm missing something here?
Help would be appreciated.
Greetings!

Reinski
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by targ collective »

Repair systems will gradually repair damaged systems. The better the drone, the faster and more effective the repairs. If a device has been knocked out altogether, then you'll have to go to a shipyard - some things are beyond even the most sophisticated systems. If your shield generator's reactor has completely blown or your radar's ftl sensor array has fried, how do you propose the droid repairs it? Pull the replacement parts directly out of it's - I mean, generate them magically with little blue pixies?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

targ collective wrote:I mean, generate them magically with little blue pixies?
Hmm -- so THAT is what the bright blue speckles are when I attack a Relay Station !!! --How do I salvage those pixies, they don't seem to respond to a tractor beam.

** back on topic **
Your repair system will work just fine if you ignore it. If it gets overworked by too much, it will keep fixing stuff, but it can downgrade itself a step. If that happens, you need to buy a new one of the higher grade, or just live with the reduced effectiveness.
Reinski
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reinski »

hm, then next time my ship is damaged, I'll fly around and keep an eye on the damage percentages...
thanks for the quick response! :)
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Reinski wrote:hm, then next time my ship is damaged, I'll fly around and keep an eye on the damage percentages...
It will not repair armour nor hull damage -- just the critical hits to upgrade components. The version of your game or mod to the game should not matter.

The easiest test of your repair system is to *not* repair your ECM when you start the game or change ships.
Last edited by Shissui on Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reinski
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Reinski »

nope, still nothing happening... :(
Is there some percentage 'limit' up to which damage can be repaired?

I was just shot together by some aeros and could escape with ecm system 50% damaged. reairing droids are 100% ok, but nothing is being repaired. The hull damage as well is not repaired...
Before that I was scrapped with a lot of fully destroyed systems, but repairing system 75% ok and reactor 52% ok - no repairs going on.

Are you sure that repairing feature is working (VS version 0.4.3)?
Greetz!

reinski