Can u buy a clydsdale?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
ravenhawk82
Trader
Trader

Can u buy a clydsdale?

Post by ravenhawk82 »

name says it all. just wonderin. also, has anyone ever bought an elephant merchant ship?
ravenhawk82
Trader
Trader

Post by ravenhawk82 »

or if not, is there a way to cheat so i can get one? i really want one, and im a total n00b
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Can u buy a clydsdale?

Post by Shissui »

ravenhawk82 wrote:name says it all. just wonderin. also, has anyone ever bought an elephant merchant ship?
It will cost you 80 million + upgrades. A Clydesdale can be purchased most easily at a trantor class world (but on rare occasions, can appear elsewhere). Even at a "Trantor" world, they are only available occasionally. So if there isn't one when you visit, come back regularly. Only the milspec version is available for sale. You would not want the blank model, even if it were available.

They do not move fast (0.8G, after upgrades), unless compared to some of the battleships & heavy carriers. Their ability to turn is comparable. They have very limited fire power for a ship of that size. However, I know of nobody who has ever managed to fill the hold (capacity 10exp11).

In practise, a plowshare is the best cargo value for the dollar. A Mule is as big as you need to trade the entire production of the worlds that you visit. If you want to haul home some captured capships, you might need an Ox. A Clydesdale is really too big to serve much purpose. It is only really useful for when you have run out of things to buy.
ravenhawk82
Trader
Trader

Post by ravenhawk82 »

thx. money isnt a problem due to lotsa hacking. any idea what system a tactor class world might be in? or does it change...
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@ravenhawk82 Trantor class planets are heavy industrial planets so older settled systems are the most likely place for them due to the random generation of systems.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

Can you stuff a corvette in the hold of a clydesdale after you smack it with an emp torpedo?
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

Probably. But it's much easier to simply HACK a corvette. I did so. =D Corvettes are FUN! So are Teslas. Clydesdales are a bit too lumbering.
BE GOOD.