I suck at combat!

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
vanguard
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

I suck at combat!

Post by vanguard »

how do you guys do it?

I recently purchased a goddard and I have a triked out franklin and I still cannot win any bounty/defend missions I do. I always end up getting killed by mules and ships like those which carry so many turrets that its impossible for me to dodge them.

I am able to kill small fighters but when it come to the above I end up dead.

how do you guys do it!? something I'm missing, any tips?
darthbob88
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by darthbob88 »

The simplest method is to get a cloaking device. Get in close, uncloak, snipe turrets, cloak, repeat.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

If you do not yet have autotracking on ALL of your gun mounts, then this is an even better investment than the cloak.

Try taking Bounty or Patrol or Clean Sweep missions instead of Defend. These missions will give you more time to accomplish your task, since you do not fail your mission when your ally is destroyed.

Try training in a more manouverable fighter At the furthest extreme, there is nothing more agile than a Dostoyevsky (& the Dosto has it's loyal following). I usually use a heavy interceptor for anything smaller than your Goddard. My Lancelot has a very good top speed, but cannot accelerate or corner nearly as fast as many other fighters. I have a problem with my allies trying to steal my kills & usually need to get to my next target very fast.

If you still have a hard time, then you can use the settings program to slow the game down while you get the knack of it.
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

When dealing with large groups , I usually taunt them out one at a time and then thin out the group before I dive in. I also use a cloaking device as well when dealing with a swarm of fighters of twenty or more since they tend to swarm on you after you take out the mission targets. I also found out what a Goddard with torpedoes can do to a corvette. Unfortunately after a hit of over a million MJ, there is very little left to salvage. I did find that if you take out its turrets with missiles and knock out its guns and propulsion, You can come back with something bigger and haul it off to market. I just wish there was a mod that once you disabled a corvette, you could board it and take it over , bring your repair droids on and do a quick fix to bring it to port. One tip is to take out the subunit or the radar and the ecm, once that is does, it is like a blind porcupine that you can pull out its quills one by one .
vanguard
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by vanguard »

cool, as you guys said, I got auto tracking on all my weapons, now I set out in search of a cloaking device.

I will try to follow the strategies you gave me and see which one is easier for me.
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

Has anyone tried an EMP torpedo yet?
I wonder how ell they work on large targets.
federoy
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by federoy »

I'm new, and I thought that the only autotracking were the fire and forget missiles. Now I will buy an autotracker. It seem it worths the money.
Thanks

(this is my first post, though I made some contributions to the wiki manual)
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Well welcome federoy auto tracking upgrades to all your mounts is definitely the way to go even helps the accuracy of dumbfires :D which give you lots of bang for the buck.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

Turn your turrets on, wait for them to get within 30LK metrees and usualy they'll be toasted before they can even get to you. Once in range of anythign else,, just start blasting away. Mules take a little bit of work, just cause they have alot of HP, but a few missiles, the turrets and gun sorts them out prety fast.