What Fighter?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
darthbob88
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

What Fighter?

Post by darthbob88 »

I've got a cool million credits to spare, so I can afford to get a new ship, and I'm thinking of getting a heavy fighter for some hunter missions. What I'd like to know is, what fighter should I get and why? I was thinking of going for a Rlaan fighter, maybe the Taizong.

NB: When I say I've got a million, that's to spare. If a ship costs more than that, I can just make a few more cargo runs, and my Llama is tricked out enough to be a match for most Pirates and Luddites. Cost is not really an object.
Ravenstar
Trader
Trader

Post by Ravenstar »

I haven't tried a whole bunch but I like the Lancelot and it's in your price range, I paid 950,000. BUT I put over another 2,000,000 in upgrades. One of the weapons on it I got in an Area sector Ktek beam cost 120,000 and an Area milspec penetrator gun 110,000. I have under "Repair" a repair AI advanced I found in a research facility cost was 282,000. Mult speed enhancer 235,000, mult shield regenerator 170,000, gun cooler was 300,000 and all my gun mounts have autotracking. Cloaking device was 214,000 and so on. Top combat speed is 2039 with upgrades.

I've only taken on 16 pirates at the same time in a defend mission so far (they barely put a dent in it) so I really can't tell you "why" this ship until I come up against the same number of aera. BTW the mission netted me over 300,000 credits. This ship will pay for itself in no time.

Last but not least, it's fun to fly :)
Last edited by Ravenstar on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

swarms that big are common in the dev version :lol:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Ravenstar
Trader
Trader

Post by Ravenstar »

(Not meaning to steal your thread darthbob just wanted to add to my above post. The reason I'm listing these upgrades is I think they are important, a ship without them is just a shell)

You can add to the above arsenal I listed a 1.1 million credit reaper cannon I found at a starbase (first one I've seen). This thing kicks ass, it and my other two guns knocked out an Aera Aelar in about 5 seconds at about 2500 meters roughly. I feel like a kid in a candy store yeeehaaaa! Anyone (veterans) knows of a more powerful weapon that will mount on a Lancelot please let me know I'll pay any price and go to any extremes to find it :)
markhamprice
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by markhamprice »

one gun that I found rather nice is the Aera milspec penetrator gun, it does a fair bit of damage and the phase damage goes through shields like butter. I forget the price, but at most aera bases you can get it.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Hyenas are quite good, fast, maneuoverable, ect...
Cockroach
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Cockroach »

I'd go with a Dost for a well balanced fighter. It's maneuverable and can pack heavy guns and even a torp for knocking out Mules.. :>
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: What Fighter?

Post by peter »

darthbob88 wrote:I've got a cool million credits to spare, so I can afford to get a new ship, and I'm thinking of getting a heavy fighter for some hunter missions. What I'd like to know is, what fighter should I get and why? I was thinking of going for a Rlaan fighter, maybe the Taizong.
Yeah, I just saw a milspec Taizong on for sale (in SVN), and it has ~1700MJ/face quad shields, with 1080MJ/s recharge. That's 4 times as fast a a quad shield XV, IIRC. And they have some good weapon mounts, too.
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC