Free money and cap question.

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Winjer
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Free money and cap question.

Post by Winjer »

Hello - first post, and I'd like to start by thanking all these wonderful VegaStrike people, this game is fantastic and I've been hooked on it since i discovered it about a week ago.

Free money - in 0.4.3 you can sell the heavy tractors from the milspec Dodo (Clydes often sell them) and it makes you about 10k or so. Bit of a cheat but always good to help a new game off to a flying start.

Does anyone fly capital ships? I am having a bit of trouble with the turrets and ai - i have read the various posts about them, just wondered if anyone flys them and has any tips about them.

cheers, Winjer
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

welcome Winjer flying cap ships is possiable but not fun they are hard to manuvaer it's better to come to a full stop before turning which takes forever :P as for the turrets "P" to select your target then toggle on the AI with "o" the "b" sub-unit selector to take out another ship's turrets.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Winjer
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Winjer »

Thanks Loki - I'll give it a bit more time but i think you might be right!

Just fancied sitting on the bridge of some huge cruiser, sipping a brandy, and directing a Lieutenant to "put one across the bows of those stupid uln". Back to the melee i think.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Hehehe, I would like to do that, appart from do it to them damn Purists, or Aeras! :evil:
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

I've had pretty decent luck with the pd_long turrets on the Goddard... most fighters will get cooked before they're within 10km... now if only the Kahan was a bit more responsive at the helm and it were easier to turn on turret AI en-masse... 't would be grand.
fuzzy_memories
Merchant
Merchant

Post by fuzzy_memories »

I love capships, and mules, and the like, so i've decided to become the expert on Capships, and so any questions you have, please direct to me (but give me at least a week to get the info memorised)