personal relationships... once again

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

personal relationships... once again

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

While it's a nice thing to have a good relationship with most factions, some will never do. Personnally I do really appreciate the less troblesome peace with aera.
Since from the start my relation with pirates and luddities was not one of the best, i quickly found i could raise my stakes with aera pretty much by lowering my rating with the two others.
Doing so, i could not help but notice, that uln started hating me as well, although i did my best not to shoot them at all. On the other hand it is quite annoying to seemy rating with these sink to -60. Whenever I encounter one of their ships, they start shooting. Bah. stupid bastards.
Now, you all know this kind of story. There comes a time when you are ... well, kinda bored ... and fire back. No great deal, these Llamas tend to explode quickly, when theres two Laser-Beams and two Ion-Guns firing simultaneously (with additional help by a friendly torpedo).

the only thing that bugs me is, that my rating with the dgn comes really close to zero, now being only +9 (before that Llama it continuously levelled at 10).

Much talk for a small question:
- how can i make dgn more friendly with me?
- how can i make ulnless hostile?
- how can i do so without too much impact on my otherwise perfect relation to the others (+100 or close to)?

I read a "shoot and talk"-comment, but that seems to be crap. It won't work (for me).

Thanks for your tipps
Lamal
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

For the Dgn: Shoot Aera. Not continuously, though. My relationship to them Dgn was -31. I hit an Aeraship which went BOOM, even though I didn't want to kill it. Lowered my relationship with the Aera by 10 or something but at the same time raised Dgn from -31 to -21. Sooo...just shoot one, two or three Aera and Dgn should be fine. After that shoot pirates a lot, which will raise relationships towards nearly all others to 100 (especially Aera, which won't like you 100% any more after some attacks). I dunno whom you have to kill to make Uln happy and stay friends with all the others, though. Possibly Aera as well, but I dunno, since I shot a lot of Uln until I realized that Dgn like Uln and so began to dislike me.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

well.

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

it looks like there will be some aera-bounty on my next paycheck :-)

I'll give a more detailed report if that helped.
Gilesey
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gilesey »

I seem to remember the Uln and Dgn being quite unfriendly for no reason - they don't seem to need an excuse to shoot at you.

They are quite easy to deal with though - they generally use only Dodos, Llamas and Mules. My advice is to use them as target practice.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

I did that, but some unrelated relation (i.e. one I wouldn't have thought of) went down when I shot the dgn, so I just keep them coming and if they're too annoying cloak.
Btw. nice dog you have there

If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

just shot some aera...

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

did not turn out to be such a good idea.

I took out two aera crafts on a bounty mission. My relation to aera went down to -10, the other relations did not change at all :-(

I think, I'll just ignore dgn and uln.
Nuhsshun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nuhsshun »

Uln Aera Dng, i personally bow them all to hell n back, thye dont bug me, the Aera bug me a lil cuz they can cut through my dual shields like butter, but i can take 4 of em on in my llama and still drag my carcass back to a station...

i just thank myself for puttin 3 layers of armor on heh heh
Shun, Designer for "EMIT" R&D
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

Last time I played (last year sometime), nobody liked Luddites. Find some missions that involve blowing tons of Luddite ships to bits. Everyone else will be happy, and Luddites are perhaps the most feeble faction to have mad at you.
MJSkia1
Trader
Trader

Post by MJSkia1 »

Personally, I've never had much of a problem with going after the Pirates. After blowing up a handful of Luddites and two handfuls of Pirates, I'm at +100 with just about everyone in the galaxy. The whole impacts thing isn't too bad either, as I just have to say nice things to the Uln whenever they start shooting.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

MJSkia1 wrote:Personally, I've never had much of a problem with going after the Pirates. After blowing up a handful of Luddites and two handfuls of Pirates, I'm at +100 with just about everyone in the galaxy. The whole impacts thing isn't too bad either, as I just have to say nice things to the Uln whenever they start shooting.
yeah, both Luddities and Pirates have nothing interessting, so blowing them up won't harm you - and at the same time everybody will start loving you. Kill some pirates and you can start visiting Aera systems without problems. Kill a lot of L&P and even the uln will love you - but the uln are pretty useless friends... they have no interessting technology.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

The good thing about uln being ones friends is that you don't have to shoot them, which makes dgn unhappy, I think. And shooting dgn makes confed or someone unhappy.

Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

Killing pirates makes Uln and Forsaken unhappy. Killing Forsaken makes LIHW and ISO unhappy... both of whom have big capships that will probably kick your butt unless you have a good ship and know what you're doing.

Luddites are the best overall option.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Hm...so that's why forsaken hate me so much. Well, I guess there's no turning back with 500+ pirate kills.
next time I'll go for luddites.
:D

JoeB4226
Explorer
Explorer

Post by JoeB4226 »

the forsaken was the faction that was giving me the most trouble (well not really trouble). Kiling them upset the uln and killing them upset the LIHW. I have a if you shoot at me I shoot at you policy so I'm getting kills in these factions and ended up with alot of people disliking me. It made the aera happy though. They're at +70.
A wise man once said: " If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for an hour. Light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."
prestidigitator
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by prestidigitator »

I take only missions against pirates (-100). I won't truck with their sort. I've pissed off the rlaan a little lately (-13), but I figure that's only a temporary spat. Everyone else seems to like me. What can I say? I do a lot of talking. Any angry ships that come near me I batter with B.S. Make 'em like you. They'll come around eventually. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

So you go around killing pirates and not even the forsaken hate you? Odd but desirable.
Hey, were are the Unknown in your list? Were they taken out of the game in SVN (or are you playing 0.4.3?)? Would be quite sad, they're my favourite species. Beholders just look cool and it's fun watching them fire at merchants whom for some reason or the other they don't like :D

prestidigitator
Mercenary
Mercenary

The forsaken distrusted me a little for a while if I recall correctly. It's all a matter of talking to people, it seems. Endlessly. Make the '1' key your friend (helps save money on repairs, too). :D

I'm playing 0.4.3. That's interesting. I think I've seen them on the list before (though I don't know if I've evern encountered them). Is the list shown in the in-flight map menus different from that shown when docked? Hmm....
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

prestidigitator, you may be interested to know that a user solved the "endless 1 pressing" problem a while ago.

His solution? A motorized "number one presser" built out of legos. :mrgreen:
(pic)
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

:lol: That was INgenious.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
prestidigitator
Mercenary
Mercenary

Halleck wrote:prestidigitator, you may be interested to know that a user solved the "endless 1 pressing" problem a while ago.

His solution? A motorized "number one presser" built out of legos. :mrgreen:
(pic)
:rofl: Legos....