A Baffling Rainbow of Information

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Dvorhagen
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

A Baffling Rainbow of Information

Post by Dvorhagen »

I just bought a new Pacifier which I deigned to outfit with one of those fancy-ass radars with AFHH capabilities, but I must say: I have no idea what all those colored dots mean...Sometimes I get attacked by a blue dot; sometimes a red one. Wuzzup?

And by the way, what are peoples' general opinions of the Pacifier? I haven't flown mine much, since I don't have enough money to upgrade it yet (also, I'm still addicted to my pimped-out Llama).

-Dvorhagen
daschapa
Trader
Trader

Post by daschapa »

I love my Llama...
Well, i believe if you check your relatioships stats, you can see that some color are asociated with factions... may be your radar is painting ships by faction color.
(Excuse my bad english)
=======================
Das Chapa
Course to next jump point...
Engage!!!

http://banderas-en-tu-corazon.blosgpot.com
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

The blue dots are the enemies that are currently locked on your ship.
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

blue=enemy; red= hostile;yellow=nutral;green=friendly

Enjoy the Choice :)
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Re: A Baffling Rainbow of Information

Post by SGCharest »

Dvorhagen wrote:And by the way, what are peoples' general opinions of the Pacifier?
-Dvorhagen
So long as the kid hasn't drooled on it too much, they're fine. I make sure the kid's off the pacifier by the time she stops teething though...

Oooops.

I just started from scratch again after trying to tinker with the coding (it didn't work) and reloading the whole thing. I picked up a milspec Pacifier a couple of days ago and upgraded the reactor and shields (it didn't really need it but I like as much power as possible -- see the ad for the Pacifier that comes up occasionally when you load the game). I've done fine against Hyenas, Plowshares, and Reedemers. Haven't gone up against Aera yet -- I'll probably do that tonite when I'm supposed to be doing something else.

Of course my goal is to get my Goddard back.

BTW, the coding I was tinkering with was a data file that carries the communications lines. I wanted to add a few hostile comments like "Yo' mama!" and "I got your frackin' "surrender!" and "You ain't EVEN shootin' that green shit at me!"

I'd also like to add a "Whoops" for when I bump into a station to try to prevent the station from blowing me out of the galaxy.

But anyway, I musta done something wrong, so I hadda reload the game.

SGC
There I was, when the entire Aera, ULN, Luddite and Pirate fleets combined came out of nowhere. I only had one shot left. So I drank it.
Gilesey
Merchant
Merchant

Re: A Baffling Rainbow of Information

Post by Gilesey »

Dvorhagen wrote:And by the way, what are peoples' general opinions of the Pacifier?
Ugly as sin. If you want a good looking ship with firepower, make friends with the Aera and get an Ariston (or Aelar I think there often called). Looks like a hammerhead shark and has plenty of bite. No cargo room at all but that's what you buy a Mule for.
Sunfire
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Sunfire »

hehe... i read this post topic and thought it was about the nav map...

as for the radar... does anyone know where i can edit the color of the red=hostile ships? id like to make them more red... as right now they seem kinda orange...
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

That means that you're not completely hostile to the enemies. For example if your relation with a faction is -50, then the dot with the object of that station will be shown orange. If you are -100 with the faction, then tey will be shown in red.
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
DancesWithProtons
Hunter
Hunter

Post by DancesWithProtons »

That's what I thought K22. It seems that the only orange dot I ever see is Confed, as my relations with them seems to stay between 0 and -20. (haven't gone Aera hunting yet) Everyone else either loves me or hates me! :P

From vegastrike.config:
<!-- colors to use in radar/target rectangles -->
<color name="enemy" section="absolute" ref="red"/>
<color name="friend" section="absolute" ref="green"/>
<color name="neutral" section="absolute" ref="yellow"/>
<color name="attacking_ship" section="absolute" ref="blue"/>
<color name="locking_ship" section="absolute" ref="violet"/>
<color name="targetting_ship" section="absolute" ref="light-blue"/>
<color name="target" section="absolute" ref="violet"/>
<color name="planet" r="1.0" g="1.0" b="0.6" a="1.0" />
<color name="docking_box" section="absolute" ref="white" />
<color name="black_and_white" section="absolute" ref="light-grey" />
FYI, the layout of vegastrike.config (at least for 0.4.3) is:
Header
Bindings (keys with some mouse & joystick settings)
Colors (this is where you change colors and has the above info)
Variables (graphics details, game settings etc)
Cursor
Video
Hud
Music/Sound
Mouse
Joystick
General
AI
Cargo
Physics
Galaxy
Future player/network stuff

At least that's how I read it :P Hope it helps.
It's got twin Repulsor beams, twin Ion beams, almost 400 Hail and Killerbee rounds, autotracking, gun cooler, Isometal armor, second hull, double ablative coating, Mult thrust, speed and turn, AB/overdrive, dual secondary thrusters, jump drive, ZX-86 radar, ECM3, max shields, max reactor, an R2 unit and a cloaking device. I mean it's a Llama and all, but...

Current fleet: Llama, Plowshare, Mule, Progeny Admonisher, Pacifier.

Current kills: 192
Sunfire
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Sunfire »

thanks guys.... i guess i never really paid attn to the difference in faction hate strength... (anyone who is shooting at me should be enemy enough to be red imho ;) ESPECIALLY when im dinking around in a llama.... )