Destroying a starfortress

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Destroying a starfortress

Post by Kangaroo »

Hey everybody, million dolar question: what is the best way to actually defeat an Aera starfortress and with which ship? So far i have managed to clean up the aera space of anything but the starfortresses. :D
Dawe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dawe »

if you got hold of a kahan it could work and then get some very good wingmates, or just try to take the turretsout from a distance... but it's really a dead race... it's a freaking starfortress! :lol:
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

Yeah, i tried to destroy it with a kahan from a distance, but got shot with a discontinuity bolt. (probably) :D
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Well, don't.
I quite like the Aera, so why kill them?
Never tried to destroy any station at all...that is, once tried and didn't get the blasted thing to blast, so I thought you couldn't. I seem to be wrong here. But then again, wouldn*t it be highly unrealistic if you could kill a starFORTRESS with one (even a big one) ship?
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

It think that this is the whole thing - you can kill many ships with one because you can think. So there must be a cunning way to deal with anything in the game. Has anyone tried advtorpedoes? :wink:
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Don't think one of those comes through, unless you take out the towers before...but then you could, provided you have enough patience, kill it with normal tprpedoes as well, I guess.
Have fun finding your was.

If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

I planned it by outsmarting the fortress by range... Do you know the range of Pminus beams? :)
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Strange thing I don't *g*.
But shouldn't this be in some XML File, like weapon_list.xml? Ah...here it is:
<Beam name="LR_PminusBeam" mountsize="capship-heavy">
<Energy rate="1000" stability=".6" refire="2">
</Energy>
<Damage rate="10000" longrange=".7">
</Damage>
<Distance speed="300000" radialspeed="250" radius="30" length="8" pulsespeed="36" range="95000" >
</Distance>
<Appearance file="weapons/heavylaserbeam.png" soundwav="beam1.wav" r=".6" g=".1" b=".8" a=".6" >
</Appearance>
</Beam>

<Beam name="RLR_PminusBeam" mountsize="capship-massive">
<Energy rate="3000" stability=".4" refire="2">
</Energy>
<Damage rate="20000" longrange=".9">
</Damage>
<Distance speed="300000" radialspeed="1000" radius="100" length="8" pulsespeed="36" range="195000" >
</Distance>
<Appearance file="weapons/heavylaserbeam.png" soundwav="beam1.wav" r=".6" g=".1" b=".8" a=".6" >
</Appearance>
</Beam>

I guess it is latter, since mountsize = massive seems fit to a fortress. Dunno the unit of Range, though. But HvyIon has 2500 and I think that is also the range in meters, so this PMinus should have a range of 195km.

Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

well, now i'll check which of these two beams have the turrets. My plan was to destroy it with Ruizong, since it's icepick beams destroyed a kahan in 2 seconds. 8)
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

Well, no chance with icepick - Range - 4000 m Anyway, I should write in Ruizong file to mount some discontinuity guns(the starfortress has them too)
<Ball name="discontinuity" mountsize="capship-massive">
<Energy rate="10000" refire="10">
</Energy>
<Damage rate="125000" phasedamage="25000" longrange="0">
</Damage>
<Distance speed="6000" radialspeed=".8" radius="18" pulsespeed="15" range="45000" >
</Distance>
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Yeah, well, that'd be cheating. But at least in an honest way, since you still got to shoot the fortress down yourself.
I've got a tactic that'd work perhaps:
Get wingmen, and while the fortress is busy blasting them, get near to it and fire some torps.
Won't work, probably, but nevertheless, it's an idea.

Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

My wingmen don't respond to commands since i make money by tractoring the ships of wingmen and others with my clydesdale. There seems to be a bug with tractoring wingmen. But, i'll try anyway... sometime. :)
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

<!--
<Ball name="Hadouken" mountsize="special">
<Energy rate="400" refire="30">
</Energy>
<Damage rate="60" longrange=".25">
</Damage>
<Distance speed="2000" radialspeed=".8" radius="42" pulsespeed="15" range="60000" >
</Distance>
<Appearance file="mass_driver.ani" soundwav="MASS.WAV" r=".2" g=".2" b="1" a=".8" >
</Appearance>
</Ball>
-->
Can anyone tell me why this line in weapon_list.xml with hadouken is inactive since 0.4.0? :)
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Hm...I've seen an Aeran Starfortress for the first time recently. Quite impressive. Since the Aera are my friends and I always like to make some´easy money I took to flying Aera food from 3 surrounding bio simple planets to this fortress. Well, it was bound to happen...boing...flew agains some inner wall of the station and it got angry. Fortunately it couldn't penetrate my cloaking. So I just flew a few thousand km ( to be sure) and apologized mightily by pressing 1. After a while the station was friendly again. So I got some more Aera food and wanted to bring it to those vailiant heroes of the Aera, they greeted me in a friendly way and suddenly activated their beams. Since there was some forsaken freak behind me, I thought they were going for him and was like: wow, those beams look nice. Until they closed in at me and in a split second reduced my Poly Duranium to 40% until I cloaked. Still dunno what got into them. But I surely do know that they're powerful.

Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

SUCSESS!!! :twisted: :twisted: Got rid of it with about 500 dumbfires and a goddard! TREMBLE, AERA!!!
Nuhsshun
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nuhsshun »

maybe im old fasioned, get like 3 clydes with full armor, shields, and pumped with torps to its ears, then buy alot of mil spec class ships, then launch em all and do an all out assault like in the movies...

of course to do this you need credits comein out of your eyeballs haha
Shun, Designer for "EMIT" R&D