I know it seems like I do nothing but complain....

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

I know it seems like I do nothing but complain....

Post by SGCharest »

but since I also do nothing but play this silly game (who says WoW is the only addictive game?), I encounter all sorts of wierd stuff.

However, this is addressed specifically at the developers of the AI that spawns the ships around stations, jump points, random asteroids, moonbase bordellos, etc.

Okay, I can understand this feature makes the game more interesting and keeps us addicts on our toes. But was it necessary to set up the AI so that it tracks what I do to avoid spawning ships (I usually approach whatever it is on the lower left area, outside the radar box), and then starts appearing exactly where I am??????? I just hadda start on what should have been a piece of cake mission (go kill four pirates in the Wombat system) but never made it to said system because i kept having midairs with Clydesdales, Watsons, Mules, and Galacticas from out of nowhere

Now I ask you: is this fair? I suppose it would be an unfriendly act to approach each system blasting with everything I have "in case" something materializes. But I suspect that would get me talked about, especially in otherwise friendly systems.

On the other hand, I seem to be getting the knack of taking out the inevitable ULN dodos with one or two shots. Pesky little things are like mosquitoes.

I will not shoot unarmed pilots.

sgc
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

have you tried the patch in this threadhttp://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=5077 it might be what you need.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

This is a bug that slipped in right before the 0.4.3 release.

It will be fixed in upcoming versions (or try that patch.)

New versions are going to have "A hierarchical fidelity model for physics simulation so as to expand the number of objects that can be concurrently simulated." Or, a brand-new simulation model that will eliminate these problems entirely- ships should 'spawn' (or wake up from a lower level of simulation) far away and then fly to where you are, as I understand it.
pheldens
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pheldens »

I remember crashing alot too, havent noticed alot of crashes into ships with cvs, but it does happen sometimes.
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Post by SGCharest »

Halleck wrote:This is a bug that slipped in right before the 0.4.3 release.

It will be fixed in upcoming versions (or try that patch.)

New versions are going to have "A hierarchical fidelity model for physics simulation so as to expand the number of objects that can be concurrently simulated." Or, a brand-new simulation model that will eliminate these problems entirely- ships should 'spawn' (or wake up from a lower level of simulation) far away and then fly to where you are, as I understand it.
Yeah, I'll bet it will.

Wasn't that the most recent answer the Emperor gave when asked if he thought there was corruption in his administration?

sgc
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

SGCharest wrote:Yeah, I'll bet it will.

Wasn't that the most recent answer the Emperor gave when asked if he thought there was corruption in his administration?

sgc
:| Huh? Is that supposed to be some kind of affront?
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

Eh. You can complain, or you can follow the link to that topic and apply my patch there. People say it works. It worked for me. The old behaviour was a last-minute bug, and this is a temporary fix.

As long as there's a temporary fix, why complain about how long it's going to take for a permanent fix?
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Never had the problem of spawning ships until recently. I was approaching an oceanic planet and was looking forward to all that food stuff and booze I could buy there when all of a sudden a clydesdale was in my way. Since a mule at 1100 ticks isn't easy to convince of such simple concepts as "curve" or "turn response" I damaged the clydesdale heavily - at least I guess I do, didn't stay alive to check.
But since it's not happening that often and your temporary fix seems to heve the drawback that enemies at jump point will appear far off I'll try to live without it.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.