Finding A Goddard In A Goddardstack

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Finding A Goddard In A Goddardstack

Post by SGCharest »

You clever bastards have added a new one.

So I accept a "clean sweep" mission, figuring my Goddard can take on pretty much anything. I jump to the Potrzebie system, and my scan list looks like this:

Find the Andolian Goddard
Find the Andolian Goddard
Find the Andolian Schroedinger
Find the Andolian Schroedinger
Find the Andolian pile of coal.

Now, when I scan through my radar, I find there are 450 Andolian goddards, 7500 Andolian Schroedingers, and enough coal to fill the stockings of Congress for the next century.

Oh, and by the way, they aren't designated by squadron, e.g. Shatner Squadron =3= goddardmilspec. You can't tell one from the other.

I can:

1) Scan each aned every Goddard, Schroedinger, and bag of coal in the system in hopes that eventually I'll hit the right one;
2) Blow off the mission and never get an Andolian to speak to me again, or,
3) Ask my geek friends to code in a paintball gun so I can splatter each Goddard I've checked.

Anybody got a better idea?

sgc
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

eeek that's bad

I think we need to add the flightgroup name to that

but how the heck did so many get into one system? how was it running at nearly playable speeds?
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

LOL! I can't beleive that there were that many fighters. Maybe you should try shooting at one of them and watching the fireworks show... :twisted:

But, yeah, sometimes those kind of missions can get confusing because of multiple units of the same type.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

usually you have to kill the first one, your radar locks on.
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Post by SGCharest »

hellcatv wrote:eeek that's bad

I think we need to add the flightgroup name to that

but how the heck did so many get into one system? how was it running at nearly playable speeds?
Yeah, flightgroup name and number would be helpful.

As to how so many got there, all I can tell you (and I know this is individual for each install) is that in Tau Antares there are six or eight Kahans, and a dozen or so Goddards. In a nearby system, also Andolian, space is rotten with Kahans and Schroedingers (but no cats).

It seemed to run just fine. And I buzzed a bunch of them before I gave up.

I hate to start shooting at the Goddards because I really don't want to piss off the Andolians, especially with all the Goddards in the world within a few thousand klicks.

I wound up dumping the mission and moving on.