Ship help

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
HammerFall
Explorer
Explorer

Ship help

Post by HammerFall »

Erm...yea...

I think I posted this on some other thread before, but I grow impatient really fast

To sum things up:

1) my relationships with rlaan and area are shot to hell, so it'd be hard for me to get an area or rlaan fighter.

2) my llama is getting old...really...

And I've been looking at a lancelot for quite some time.

Can anyone tell me what the lancelot is good at/for?
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

stop shooting them, start shooting luddites and pirates and Rlaan and Aera will start loving you.

Don't buy the Lancelot, spare the money for a Goddard.
Kerrysl
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Kerrysl »

Yeah the Goddard is a great ship. I used the Pacifier as a stepping stone to the Goddard. It has a great weapon/missile loadout and with a cloaking device is quite lethal. However the Goddard is better.

Best place to find ships is at Starfortresses, Fighterbases, on some Kahanns, and some types of planets (eg. Trantor)
Kerry
"Turn left at 'what' rock??"
My Fleet: Llama, Plowshare, Pacifier, Goddard, (sold the Franklin - too sensitive in controls)
My Bank Balance: 4 million credits.
My Location: Arid Planet in Ogawa System
My OS: Windows 2000 (no sound/music on Linux)
My Hardware: Duron 900, 512MB RAM, MX 200/400 Video card, AC'97 on board sound, Gravis Blackhawk Digital joystick.
HammerFall
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HammerFall »

Can anyone tell me what sector/system has an area starfortress/barracks/w.e that sells aerean vessels?
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

Bases are created when the system is generated. Since it is random, what we find in a system will be different than what you will find.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
HammerFall
Explorer
Explorer

Post by HammerFall »

still though...it's higly unlikely that i'll find an aeran base in Cephid 17.

Is there a general area where they might appear?
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

Look at the news. Look for Aeran victories and get a feel for where in the galaxy they may be. I find that Aeran space began shortly after Bernard's Star for me.

If all else fails, get one of those system names from the news, then pull out 'vsnav' and plot a course to it.

Once there, use your in-game map. Jump around and try to get as deep into Aera space as possible. I find the deeper I go, the more likely I am to find bigger and more varied Aera bases. Use the colour-coding of the in-game nav map; in mine, green is Aera.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

You can find smaller Aeran ships on Bio Simple planets. These occur all over the place.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.