a little question about cap ships

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
wanderer
Trader
Trader

a little question about cap ships

Post by wanderer »

before I start I would like to say I just started playing this game last week and it is brilliant much better than most comercial games (actually better than almost every comercial game)

with the exception of the ox is it possible to buy capships and where becuse I would love to get my hands on one of those aera vitiks (sp?) as my goodard (AKA the aera killer LOL) is useless against anything bigger than a corvette or mule
Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we die!

yesterday we knelt before kings and bowed our necks to emperors,
today we make our stand and,
tomorrow we obay only the truth.
gazzy
Hunter
Hunter

Post by gazzy »

hmm, i think i saw a clydesdale for sale on an ice planet some times,
but for the other ships you'll have to change your saved games,
as most of the capships you see in VS are not for sale yet :(
(they haven't been put in the production list of the planets\bases yet)
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

By default, the only capships that you can buy are the milspec ox, the stock ox, and the milspec clydesdale. All three of these are in the starships/Merchant/Light_Capship category. The units.csv file also has the categories starships/Retro/Heavy_Capship and starships/Retro/Light_Capship defined for cargo_import, but there are no entries in the master_part_list.csv in these categories.

If you really want to purchase a different capship, you would need to add entries to master_part_list.csv as well as units.csv. In the master_part_list add the ship name (like "tesla") with a category like starships/Confed/Capships or use an existing one like starships/Confed/Heavy to avoid adding entries to units.csv. The category only determines where you can purchase it, how many will be available, and what the price will be moddified by. BTW, an ox is cheaper than a mule for some reason (but are much harder to come by) By default, you can find the Merchant capships on Trantor class planets, Ice planets, Earth's moon, and New Detroit but are very rare. Clydesdales will set you back about 80 million. :shock:
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
wanderer
Trader
Trader

Post by wanderer »

thanks that's just what I needed (especially sincy there are about half dozen area cap ships in almost every system LOL)
Eat, drink, and be merry... for tomorrow we die!

yesterday we knelt before kings and bowed our necks to emperors,
today we make our stand and,
tomorrow we obay only the truth.
Ripster40
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Ripster40 »

Can't anyone just upload the file with the neccesary stuff already done, because I suck at coding and don't want to touch anything sensitive because I might do something bad and wait another two hours to download this game.