Patrols Attack Me After Unrelated Firefight

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike

Patrols Attack Me After Unrelated Firefight

Post by Guest »

Hey, everyone!

This game is pretty awesome. It is obviously still a long way from being done, but it is equally obvious that the game is being made with a high degree of polish and sophistication lacking from a lot of open source.

Anyway, I am still *very* new to this game, and I have a problem while doing missions around the very first system. I occaisonally get attacked by some sort of aggressor (such as a luddite). There are patrols all over the system, and they seem to take offense to the aggressor attacking me. So both the patrol and I attack the luddite. But sometime after starting to fight the luddite, all the patrols start to hate me (may be before or after the luddite is dead). They fly from all over the system, swarm my a$$, and beat the pulp out of me.

I don't get it. If we are both attacking the same enemy, why do they turn on me? I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something important about the game system.

Cheers,

Chris
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Friendlies are a little sensitive about friendly fire at the moment...
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

forgot to change the vegastrike.config where they don't get very mad if you just do shield damage
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
mejobloggs_
Trader
Trader

Post by mejobloggs_ »

Along similar lines, can anyone tell me what factions are "stand alone"? (If I shoot them no other factions will become annoyed) Thanks
fizze
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by fizze »

interesting, yeah ;)

hellcatV, what option in the .config is that ?
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

mejobloggs_ wrote:Along similar lines, can anyone tell me what factions are "stand alone"? (If I shoot them no other factions will become annoyed) Thanks
Generally, pirates and luddites should be. Nobody likes the pirates, and you'll even get some brownie points with other factions when you kill 'em.
fizze
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by fizze »

lots of "light side points" even.
but these factions are totally unrelated.
Im on +100 with luddities, and -100 with the others....
weird enough