factions hate me without reasons !

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
skel
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

factions hate me without reasons !

Post by skel »

hello ,
why some factions i don't attack hate me , i don't do contraband , i just accept bounty against pirates (uln , dgn and forsaken we're mad about me then)
but now confed ISO shaper and shrmn become more and more angry about me without any reasons , even the luddites whom i kill 7 at start are 100 with me now, can someone explain me what is going on ?
thanks

Post by Guest »

You have to be reeeeeaaaaally careful not to bump stations while docking, or ships flying about you in space. The slightest physical contact pisses them off.
This bug, combined with the bug that makes huge cruisers suddenly appear in your face, can make your life difficult...
Also, don't get trigger-happy and shoot at ppl you want to stay on good terms with.

Then there's faction relations with each other.
Nobody except the uln and forsaken are on good terms with the pirates, and the luddites have no friends nowhere. And there's a definate hate triangle between aera, pirates, and luddites; they despise each other so badly, if you kill luddites the pirates and aera love you; kill pirates, and get in good with luddites and aera; kill aera, and get in good with luddites and pirates.

---FlyByWire
skel

no that much collision

Post by skel »

i done some collision yes (how don't ?) but that's not the reason of them hate i think cause , i done maybe 2-3 collisions since started the games but the confed and all hate is news and it decrease gradually until -100 (now i'm living hard time when trying to fly (i'm not far from sol so ....))
fizze
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by fizze »

well collisions only make a particuliar station hate you, not the faction.
Space Pirate
Mercenary
Mercenary

Hostility

Post by Space Pirate »

Odd... how could your faction rating with someone drop to -100 if you don't even do anything? Even countless bounty missions on pirates and luddites don't make their rating with me -100. This is probably a bug... which version are you using?
Integral
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Integral »

I have 0.4.3, and I recently noticed that my rating with the confeds has gone from 80 to -70 for no reason I can think of. I haven't even seen a confed ship in ages!

Daniel
pifactorial
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by pifactorial »

I was playing the latest CVS version last night, and I was pleasantly surprised to notice that when I bumped into a station, they didn't get mad at me. Has somebody been working on this, or was it just a coincidence?

Keep up the good hacking! :D
skel

Post by skel »

hello, i also have the 0.4.3
kalle
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kalle »

Same here. I haven't collided with anyone, though.

The relations gradually decrease. Currently, more or less everyone except Privateer hates me.

I have -100 with confeds, pirates, ISO (who the hell are they?), forsaken, LIHW, uln, dgn, shmrn, and I have -34 with shaper, whom I haven't even glanced at the wrong way. I watched the latter go from 0 to -17 to -34 gradually as I was traveling (peacefully) through a couple of systems, delivering cargo.

I don't know if some internal, complex feature is causing my jumping in/out of systems to make them hate me. Notably, I have 0 kills with the shapers, and, amusingly, whenever I dock at a shaper station I have to afterburn my ass outta there cause the fricking STATION starts firing at me! :/

I delivered some contraband before. A confed ship appeared, immediately hostile. They didn't even do a contraband search (and those go way too fast, btw.. no chance to escape). I was kind of hoping to stay on good terms with those guys for a li'l bit longer. :/

Is there any way to increase the relationship? Taking on missions? The only missions Confeds are giving are patrol missions which (at least to me) take like 30 RL minutes. Seriously tedious stuff. I guess I'll have to, if I want to be able to fix my relationship.

Still, no matter where I go, I have at the minimum 4-5 hostiles, excluding the hostile stations in the area.

:|

Still, love the game. Great job. :)
fizze
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by fizze »

hehe yeah, I am stuck in a hostile rlaan system, where a strike fleet appeared, the last time i tried.
like 20+ capships shed you to pieces before you can say "afterburner" ....... :(
Integral
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Integral »

One thing I have discovered is that if a faciton doesn't hate you too much, hitting "1" a lot of times (like 20-30 in a row; don't bother waiting for replies) while targetting one of their ships has two effects: it makes that particular ship stop attacking you, and it increases your reputation with the faction by 1. (I think the latter effect works even if the ship is non-hostile, but I'm not sure) Unfortunately, my reputation with a lot of factions is trashed too badly to fix this way, but it's something to bear in mind if I start over someday.

Daniel