Repairing turrets

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
dsntho
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Repairing turrets

Post by dsntho »

Hi there, I'm currently flying around hunting luddites in a Franklin. I'm having a lot of succcess with 4 light ion beams, 2 cripplers and two advtorpedos with the franlin pd turrets. The turrets are pretty much the reason I'm using the franklin, and the only way I've found to get them back after they get knocked off is to sell all the upgrades and the franklin, then buy a new one and re-install the upgrades. Obviously this is a lot of hassle and expensive, especially when it's literally one subsystem that's broken.

I experimented with the save, sell, load method so there was a franklin pd turret available in the shop, and I was unable to mount it into a destroyed_blank mount but apparently it won't fit. I assume that the turret itself is part of the mount, and it's just the weapon I was trying to buy there. Given that any other subsystem can be repaired by a robot in flight, it seems a little odd that turrets can't be repaired. Is this deliberate, or do I need to look harder? Would somewhere that sells turret weapons have the ability to fix a destroyed mount?

Also, I think mounts should appear in the damage report so I can see if one's getting too much heat and leave the battle if needs be.
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Repairing turrets

Post by CLoneWolf »

Not sure what the situation is now, but when I faced that problem with my newly bought Franklin, I edited my saved game file to fix the turret and decreased my cash by a fairly high amount as if I had it repaired in game for a fee :mrgreen:
dsntho
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by dsntho »

That worked, I just had to overwrite the destroyed_blank with franklinpd. However, if I do this in LibreOffice, when I load the game the hold is empty and there are none of my upgrades mounted. Using a text editor has no such problems - I assume this is because spreadsheets just love subtley reformatting stuff without telling you :P
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

There's nothing to reformat, but you may have set wrong options when saving CSV.
And yeah, the turrets are very buggy in several different and perverted ways. And probably will be until the next internals overhaul, which isn't very far away.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter