What Is A Subunit

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
dcarr
Explorer
Explorer

What Is A Subunit

Post by dcarr »

What is a subunit, exactly? I have recently Dodo, and when I was looking at the weapons section in the ship info when I discovered a subunit [1]. The fact that I have no idea what that is alone is weird, but it has its own shields, capacitors, and so-on; but I can't do anything with it. Also what are Special Self Guided weapons?
My laptop: Linux Antergos-MercadesBendz 4.13.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux with 11.7 GiB Ram 8.0GiB Swap, Intel Quad-Core i7 Hyper-Threading 1TB HDD.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: What Is A Subunit

Post by loki1950 »

Sub-units are just that parts of a large set for example if your ship has turrets each turret is a sub-unit so each can be targeted individually.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: What Is A Subunit

Post by KillerB »

I believe the subunit you are referring to on your Dodo is the 'Skate Cargo' which is basically just a piece of the ship that can be shot away on npc Dodo's for visual effect...although I rather wish it dropped some loot XD at least when I'm not actually flying a Dodo :P
The only really good use I've found for the Dodo is as a rescue ship: equip it with Heavy Tractors on every available slot. She doesn't have such great acceleration, but with a full loadout of tractor beams she does a great job of scooping up wayward pilots.
I've experimented with a mix of repulsors and tractors to make the Dodo a weapons platform. The push-pull phase damage works surprisingly well, and the Dodo's freakishly quick turning rate allows one to get inside the turn in a furball against theoretically superior spacecraft.
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites