equipping clydesdales wont work

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

equipping clydesdales wont work

Post by Benison »

as the topic allready says, i cant buy most of the equipment(like armor platings) for my new bought clyde(yay finally got lucky on one of those darned ice planets), after ripping out the stuff thats allready installed.

unlike with smaller vessels there isnt a "military bundle" wich can be sold, but dozens of reactors, scanners, thrusters and so on, all kind of different lvls ans numbers.
does installing multiple reactors even increase energy output, do those 3 dozend thrusters have ANY effect at all, or can this "junk" be sold for good?
now, i really would like to know: is there ANY possibility to equip those things as you desire, or do you just have to take it the way its delivered?

allso, are all those small and medium crafts, wich are in the ships cargo bay when you buy it, there for a purpose, or is it just some sort of "refund" like with the goods that came with it?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: equipping clydesdales wont work

Post by loki1950 »

Don't know about equipping a Clyde(never been lucky enough to find one for sale) but the ships in the hold should be deployable as wingmen.I think that the standard load out is fairly powerful after all the ship is 2 Km long :shock: so don't expect fighter style acceleration :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

well for now its cramped with all sorts of low-mid and high lvl modules, all reactor lvls are included for example, with no pattern it seems to follow, as for how many of what type of equipment is installed.
but heh, the upside is that its about 8 times as fast as an ox ;o

i wanna get this thing configured properly, theres only plasteel and isometal platings installed as another example.
still gotta try that purist corvette out(forgot its name), but aside from that its pretty sure to say that there is NO vessel that can possibly compete with a goddard(uder the assumtion that you cannot customize the clyde).
wich is a shame considering that you pay over 30 times the cash for your flying brick... :p

btw, how exactly do you operate those wingmen you taxi around with you? cant figure it out due to the undocumented keyboard-layout changes (toggling autoaim is somehow remapped either, and i cant for all thats ugly get them to work properly.
sure hope therell be another update anytime soon...

/edit: i just figured the clyde doesent come with a jumpdrive, and wont let me install one neither. :(

/edit2: toying around a little, i found out that i can fit overdrives, as many as i want to(literally). ...wich i did. i can now acelerate to 15 000 whatever/s in less than a second, burning all my fuel and being unable to stop again afterwards. ~~
seriously folx, stick with that corvette wich is available to players, spending the 300mil on a clydesdale sure wont leave a satisfying feeling behind.

/edit3: to my "luck" equipping that purist sub-capital ship doesent seem to work either, only that it doesent even HAVE armor or anything else at all. ~~
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

IIRC a Clydesdale is treated as a shop in-game and it auto-generates stuff to sell. In other words, it is expected to be docked with and sell stuff. Try docking with a Clydesdale from one of your other ships and check out its shop, you'll see what I mean. My guess is, a Clydesdale one buys will keep regenerating stuff to sell. This is why you see all that extra "stuff" in the configuration load-out.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

its more than just that(you can even dock on a mule and buy crap off it btw), for a couple of flights everything seems to be ok, but then all of the sudden your accelleration with boosts go skyrocket to something 35 000gish.
you hit the afterburner button and *WHAZAM* you go at 20 000ms+ and have zero fuel left. :p
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Benison wrote:well for now its cramped with all sorts of low-mid and high lvl modules, all reactor lvls are included for example, with no pattern it seems to follow, as for how many of what type of equipment is installed.
but heh, the upside is that its about 8 times as fast as an ox ;o
It's generated from Cargo_Import - bug # 3311033.
I tried Vigilance, so it was easier to figure out what's going on. :)
Benison wrote:btw, how exactly do you operate those wingmen you taxi around with you?
Eject 'em. I'd check first (back at the base) that they are armed at all, though.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
Benison
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Benison »

you cant...
those ships are considered "cargo" and arent acessible through the ship menue.
guess they all come in crapy stock versions with 2 lasers or so installed. well the same kinda stuff the ai throws at you supposedly. ~~