Ship Hacking - Good ships?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Munno
Merchant
Merchant

Ship Hacking - Good ships?

Post by Munno »

Anybody got an idea of a good ship I could hack myself? :twisted:

I've tried a Lancelot, and a Goddard. I love the Goddard, but I'm looking for either a fighter or a capital ship that can hold its own against Aera. Oh, and, how do you hack a clydesdale? Does it have a .stock or .milspec or whatever?

My Lancelot was getting killed in seconds by Aera. I barely scratched it. And finally: what guns should I deck this ship out with? :twisted:
Much love shall be extended to this excellent game and it's amazing community.

Munno's (outdated) guide to hacking VegaStrike Saved files!

There is no such thing as IRL, there is only AFK. In my case, year long AFKs.
"Do not walk in front of me for I will not follow.
Do not walk behind me for I will not lead.
Do not walk beside me, either. Just stay the hell out of my way!" - Stark
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Ship Hacking - Good ships?

Post by Gungnir »

Munno wrote:Anybody got an idea of a good ship I could hack myself? :twisted:

I've tried a Lancelot, and a Goddard. I love the Goddard, but I'm looking for either a fighter or a capital ship that can hold its own against Aera. Oh, and, how do you hack a clydesdale? Does it have a .stock or .milspec or whatever?

My Lancelot was getting killed in seconds by Aera. I barely scratched it. And finally: what guns should I deck this ship out with? :twisted:
Teslas and Kahans are pretty nice, but they need a lot of support to fight the Aera (especially the Tesla); your best bet is probably a Leonidas :twisted: (Vitik in the game data). The Clydesdale is a nice ship, but it's nowhere near as good as the the Andolian capships, IMHO. Also, Rlaan capships are nice, but they only have beams for weapons.

As for fighters, the Goddard is the best one that I've tried, loaded with Shield Breakers, torps, and image recognition missiles. A Nicander (or whatever they're called) might be good, too; I've never tried one before.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by w03 »

Just a heads-up: yavok, not vitik is the leonidas in the code. The vitik is an entirely different ship (Agesipolis), and only has turrets.
Gungnir
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Gungnir »

w03 wrote:Just a heads-up: yavok, not vitik is the leonidas in the code. The vitik is an entirely different ship (Agesipolis), and only has turrets.
Oh, thanks for the correction.
~Gungnir
segfault wrote:if I was actually in space I'd totally be throwing on autopilot and relaxing in the back during the trip, sipping space wine and listening (rlaan?) jazz.
Rig: i5 2500k @ 5ghz, 2x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD boot drives, AMD Radeon HD 7950 @ 1100/1575 (Catalyst 12.1 Linux and 12.3 Windows), dual-boot Fedora 16 KDE and Windows 7 Pro
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

Teslas and Kahans are pretty nice, but they need a lot of support to fight the Aera (especially the Tesla); your best bet is probably a Leonidas :twisted: (Vitik in the game data). The Clydesdale is a nice ship, but it's nowhere near as good as the the Andolian capships, IMHO. Also, Rlaan capships are nice, but they only have beams for weapons.

As for fighters, the Goddard is the best one that I've tried, loaded with Shield Breakers, torps, and image recognition missiles. A Nicander (or whatever they're called) might be good, too; I've never tried one before.
One note-all capships are slow. Ridiculously slow. The Yavok takes almost an hour to turn, and about that long to stop turning. It'll take hours to get out of a gravity well. :( Rlaan capships are *better* about this, but still not good.

With hacking, I've found the Nicander is fun for small-ship dogfighting, but can't scratch most larger ships. The Goddard is probably the best all-rounder I've found-especially if you upgrade the turrets to Aeran ones. :P