Plowshare loadouts

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
landyS3
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Plowshare loadouts

Post by landyS3 »

I decided to start a new game, and have just made my first million. I'm thinking of buying a Plowshare to do some expanded trading, but I'm thinking that the lowly mountpoint ratings will leave me a sitting duck.

I can't find any purpose for the SPECIAL mountpoints other than tractor beams. Does anyone know of any actual weapon that could possibly go on a SPECIAL mountpoint, and if so where to get it?

That just leaves 2# LIGHT MEDIUM slots for beams/guns, plus a couple of standard missile slots.

Bearing in mind how slow to turn this thing is, I'm thinking that the missile slots won't be that much use defensively, so it comes down to protecting the slow, lethargic Plowshare using just a couple of fairly weak beams or guns.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to set up the weaponry on a Plowshare for the most powerful defensive arrangement?
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Plowshare loadouts

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Go to a confed owned bases, and look up the confed milspec weapons they usually have something in there for special slots, although I avoid the special damage weapons cause they don't seem to do anything unless someone can enlighten me
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Usually, I think, special weapons drain energy. Which is close to useless by itself.

I think special weapons is one of the least polished parts of the game. An interesting feature made useless by lack of gametesting.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

I would like to see them damage systems (that what I thought they did originally), like disable reactors, weapons, sensors, ect ect