How to get to earth?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
SpaceRacer77
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

How to get to earth?

Post by SpaceRacer77 »

How do I get to Sol Terra from cephid 17?
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: How to get to earth?

Post by eracc »

If you search the forum for "sol" or more specifically "path to sol", you will find the answer. In any case, I will post it here ... again.
  • Crucible/Cephid 17
  • Crucible/Stirling
  • Crucible/Maat
  • Crucible/War
  • Magellan/Steakley
  • Magellan/Theta Ant
  • Magellan/Tcsc 1613
  • Sol/Hhrass
  • Vega/Racene
  • Sol/CFS 7030
  • Sol/Gerrold
  • Sol/Fujirnori
  • Sol/Ogawa
  • Sol/Telamon
  • Sol/Sol
Note that the Sol system is a custom system and is VERY busy. If you have a computer that is less than a top of the line gaming system, specifically the graphics controller, then Sol will "bring it to its knees".
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
SpaceRacer77
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by SpaceRacer77 »

thanks i'll turn the resolution way down so i can go there. also where do you find a place to buy cap ships, i have noticed most of the bases only have smaller ships? :D
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by eracc »

Cap ships, Ox and Clydesdale, usually appear on ice planets when they are available. They are not always there so one has to keep checking.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

eracc wrote:Cap ships, Ox and Clydesdale, usually appear on ice planets when they are available. They are not always there so one has to keep checking.
I believe you can find them on Trantors, too. At least, I seem to recall finding a Clydesdale on one, once. Think it was an 0.4x version of the game. Things might have changed a bit since.
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

Even though both of your questions have already been answered, I figured I would try and be helpful and point you to VSTrade. It has a nifty path finding system that can give you directions to any system in Vega Strike you want. This way, if a question like this comes up again, you can simply look it up on VSTrade.

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... it=VStrade
sgtseeker85
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by sgtseeker85 »

Laraso wrote:Even though both of your questions have already been answered, I figured I would try and be helpful and point you to VSTrade. It has a nifty path finding system that can give you directions to any system in Vega Strike you want. This way, if a question like this comes up again, you can simply look it up on VSTrade.

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... it=VStrade
The link doesn't seem to work anymore. :S Does anyone know where it has been moved to or a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

The link in the older part of the thread still works. It just points to the old forums over on sourceforge.net. Those are still there and viewable, just can't post anymore. The VS trade link in that thread also should work (just tried it).
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The sourceforge link for the 3d map from still works just D/L it and report on if it still works on Win7 IIRC it worked with Win7 beta here's the link http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/vsmap3d

Enjoy the Choice :)

Edit; well that was an exerciser in frustration missing all sorts of dll's I do have the source code Linux side.
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

To build on windows its missing the .pro file for Qt. Was it this app or another that was added to the VS svn? I can probably rebuild it, and/or add it to my tools project so it will be better updated (if it needs it).
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Not sure it's been awhile since i browsed the full svn repo will have a look at it now and post if it is 8) If not I will see about fixing my broken fedora 16 install(Xorg driver crapped out) and send you the source as I can't build it with the express version of VSC2010 as the Qt SDK will not work with it according to nokia's Qt download page.

Edit:Yeah it is in the repo @ http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... s/vsmap3d/ and the .pro file is a generated file from qmake the Linux Qt make macro

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I use the Qt build package for windows, don't bother with the VS addin