Any Suggestions?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Any Suggestions?

Post by AVBJim »

Ok, a lot has been posted on the faction thing. What missions can you take without damaging some faction to the point that you have your own pack of suicidal followers? For the sake of peace, and your hull, are you limited to cargo hauls?

If you fight the Aera, then DGN and ULN eventually hate you, don't know about the DGN yet, but the ULN I have about 3 to 6 bouncing off my hull every time I sit still for a minute. Luckily, my Taisong is good for up to Dodo sizes. Dodos will do some damage but the rest just annoy.

If you kill Luddittes, then ULN and Purist Citizen factions go after you. Wow, talk about a storm. Seems old Ted Kazinski has a huge following in the future, all suicidal too. Don't remember for sure if the DGN gets into this one or not.

If you Kill Pirates, Then ULN, DGN and eventually Forsaken get into the act. The pirates at least don't do suicide runs on you. At least I haven't had a herd of them show up yet.

If you kill the Obamanites (that is ISO for those who didn't figure it out right away), then again the ULN, but Andolian Citizens faction also goes down. Some others may also, but had the Andolians swarm me like flies, could not kill enough Luddittes to make up for the Suicides during the missions.

While I can manage the Luddittes, Aera and the ISO to balance each other out, the ULN, and eventually the DGN are major problems. What counter balances these factions? Would killing the commie loving Andolians balance those two? Of course, killing them would also cause other faction problems.

Does anyone know a way to balance these out without resorting to hacking the faction table? I would like to play some smaller ships sometimes, but a light ship is not going to sustain a Dodo strike, even with the best shields.
eracc
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Any Suggestions?

Post by eracc »

Use "friendly talk" and spam it like crazy to all ULN and ULN Citizens you can target. Do this BEFORE you ever attack anyone. It takes time to build relations with them this way, but it works. Any time your relations with them drops, spam them some more. This is the only way, other than doing missions for them, to raise your relations with the ULN.
http://www.eracc.com/ - Linux, Unix, eComStation (Get rid of proprietary Microsoft and Apple!)
Custom Built, Preloaded PCs, Workstations and Servers - Business, Home and Gamer systems
My custom built Linux Gamer/Personal/Business box: Mageia Linux on - ASUS M4A78, 4GB RAM (Linux "sees" 3.2 GB with a 32-bit kernel), AMD Phenom Quad-core @ 2.6GHz, Radeon X1650 Pro PCIe, "sda" 250GB WD2500AAKS-0, "sdb" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdc" 150GB WD1500ADFD-0 (Raptor), "sdd" 500GB ST3500418AS, "xfs" file system on all but the / partition which is using "ext4".
w03
Mercenary
Mercenary

Re: Any Suggestions?

Post by w03 »

The problem is that if a uln kamikazes you, it still counts as a kill on your behalf and will decrease relations with other factions.

By the way, the uln like everyone, so killing anything at all will decrease relation.

In any case, if dodos are going to crash into you (and thus, count as kills), why not just vaporize them with your Taizong and save on repair money?