How to make money by blasting stuff =D

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
OblivionFade
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

How to make money by blasting stuff =D

Post by OblivionFade »

I just bought a new ship and it's a fighter (a derivative). The thing can kick some serious ass now that it's equiped with a dual mw laser. Anyways, I never seem to find a way to make as much money fighting as I do hauling cargo from one place to the other. Are fighting missions usually less lucrative or am I just not getting the good ones? The best I got from a clean sweep mission so far was 90k and it took me like an hour to complete (too many aerans arghhhh).

So... I wonder if being a peaceful cargo dealer is the best way to get rich? Or is there still hope for a good merc? :P

Share your experiences, guys! =)
Caret
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to make money by blasting stuff =D

Post by Caret »

Most of the bounty missions I've seen so far have been around 40'000 - 50'000 for a Luddite Redeemer or Pirate plowshare/hyena. Quite a few times someone else had killed them before I got into range, so I got the reward just for flying to a jumpgate and back. The most I've seen so far was a Pirate Thales for about 190'000.

I've just been hanging around Cephid 17 so far, waiting to get enough money to make my way over to Aera space and buy myself an Ariston or something (:
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

I have found a Clean Sweep mission for as high as 323 Million...but I wound up dropping it after a few hours of trying to hunt down that LAST smegging Luddite out of 30.
The best way I've found so far to make money killing stuff is by taking down hostile freighters. See Gleaning Gleaners for Fun & for Profit for tips & tactics for pirating the pirates by playing David and Goliath.
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites
denyasis
Hunter
Hunter

Post by denyasis »

What version are you playing?

I've noticed the 0.5 Version tends to have lower bounty missions (like the 190,000) for the Thales.
In SVN, I noticed these were much higher, often a magnitude of 10x or in some cases much greater.

Someone mentioned (with some good analysis, I think it was Thorsten - sorry if I mispelled), that trading is the easiest way to make a lot of credits. Especially considering teh cost of ammo (30,000 for a torp, etc).

I agree with KillerB though. A multi-role ship capable of knocking down enemies and taking thier cargo is a very fun and very profitable alternative to Bounty Missions. Heck, even a new Llama (not the refurbed one), isn't too terrible at it, so you don't need tons of credits to start :-)
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

I'm finding Confed torpedos for $1000 and Aera ADV Torpedos for $2100, but most of the capship bounty missions still don't pay enough to cover the repair expenses....I still do those missions, but just for kicks really, and only when I've got some mad money.
All of the missions need to come up by a factor of ten or so at the least, to make doing missions a viable livelyhood. I did 'cheat' a bit and hack the price of a captured pilot so instead of $760 they go for $7600. Peice of cake really, just open up the 'master parts list .csv' and find the right item, click on it, and add a zero. I'm seriously thinking of going back and bumping it up again, to 76 grand. Surely it costs more than that to train a pilot! Heck it costs 5 G's just to refuel my ship!
I was going to edit the going price for 'space salvage', but I couldn't find it in the 'master parts list'. Come on, does anybody even bother tractoring that stuff in at $10 for a hunk of junk that takes up 10 cubic meters of cargo space?
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites