Questions

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
snaprag
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Questions

Post by snaprag »

Hi there. I have been playing this game for three days now. I have read some of the forums trying to find the answers, but haven't had any luck. Hopefully one of you will be able to help me out.

1: Where is the file I alter to change my keyboard layout? I am used to playing first person shooter games. Essentially, I want to mimic that style of layout.

2: In combat, I use the "R" key to target the closest attacking enemy. The problem is, it locks onto targets that are out of range (to far to travel to). Is this normal?

3: What ships can cloak? I am deciding to go this route because of the stock keyboard layout.

So far I love this game and my girlfriend doesn't. Please help me keep her miserable :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Questions

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome snaprag the file to edit for the keyboard bindings is vegastrike.config now depending on you OS there maybe an other copy that is the active one there is a pdf manual in the documentation folder the last pages of which have the full bindings list as for the nearest hostile that is that is the lower case r not "shift r" that is the most dangerous one :wink:
and FPS key bindings aren't very useful in a full 3d movement environment :wink: i use a joystick or Mouse Glide there is a tutorial on general flight principals in the manual.
Now as for the cloak first you have to find one they are not common but the Dosty comes with one built in IIRC

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
snaprag
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by snaprag »

Thanks for the quick response. I have been trying both lower and upper case r commands.... hmmm. If you are familiar with battlefield 2, that is what I play. I am primarily a bomber pilot with a clan. My point, I kinda like the idea have have the vertical thrusts on "w" and "s", horizontal thrusts on "a" and "d". I know it's gonna be difficult. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it

EDIT: The Schrodenger (spelling) cloaks, but its has terrible gas consumption. Any ideas how to get the milspec variant to not drain the capacitors while cloaking?
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

get a stock schroedinger.. it'll make things better..
u can most prolly find 1 at miningbases (strange isnt it?).

-------------

i cant seem to fit a cloak on my stock lancelot.
when i go to the misc/experimental part in the shop, i cant buy it.
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

parkel wrote:i cant seem to fit a cloak on my stock lancelot.
when i go to the misc/experimental part in the shop, i cant buy it.
With their love for chivalrous fight, Highborn would never cloak a fighter ;)
There are very few ships that can mount a cloaking device, can_cloak column in units.csv says which