Burners acting up. (probably me)

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
greens
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Burners acting up. (probably me)

Post by greens »

Getting the hang of vega strike. I have a few ships now, and i use an exploit or two to make some faster money while trading.
i save and load to get full cargo and i also fly a small robin to and from and then have my plowshare transfered, i'm sure its common practice.

Anyway my issue is this.
Normally with all my ships i am able to warp in disengage autopilot, and tab (afterburners?) in. With my desired speed set to zero.
That is not what is happening anymore
I probbably pushed a button or something, but in my Robin now, it accelerates even if i have the desired speed set to zero.
What i actually have to do is use the backspace button as sort of a reverse thruster. If i hold backspace is brings me down to zero, the second i release it starts to accelerate (quickly in the robin i might add) so i am still able to dock appropriately like that but boy is that a pain. my tab button seems unresponsive, but its accelearting at full speed so i wouldnt notice... From what i can see my HUD shows no changes, and my desired speed is set to zero, even - doesnt work, and it happens in both travel and manuever.
I am almost positive i did something that could be easily fixed.

Edit: OH i also bought an upgrade, i dont remember the name, something about afterburners or thrusters or something, an increase in speed at a sacrifice is what it seemed to be. Maybe thats enabled?
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Re: Burners acting up. (probably me)

Post by MC707 »

It sounds like a problem of target velocity. Try resetting your velocity to match the local sun ('End' button). Other than that... I dunno. Hope that helps.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Burners acting up. (probably me)

Post by loki1950 »

The other thing you might try is setting your velocity relative to your actual target by using the "Home" key the "End" key resets it to the system primary(Sun) what you are doing is setting what you measure velocity relative too as in space every thing is moving so velocity is always relative to some other body,enough basic physics have fun :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2