Faction Systems

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Faction Systems

Post by Laraso »

I have been playing Vega Strike for a couple weeks now, and have noticed differences between faction controlled systems. For example, the purists keep their systems guarded with lots of Vigilances and Pacifiers, making it a pretty controlled environment. This is why I like to stay with the purists, because if someone starts attacking me, a Pacifier or a capship will start to shoot it down (I have 100 rating with the purists, I think that is why they do this). And during bounty missions, I find that after a while, if the target doesn't die, the local purist military will come in and help me destroy it. Typically, the uln hates me (-100), so when I leave a purist system I find a blockade of uln citizens and dodos firing tractor beams at me :roll: . Anyways, this makes it easy to do missions and to do cargo runs when you have an entire military guarding you. This has helped me from dying on certain missions, and has helped me progress through the game.

Has anyone else noticed this?

By the way, where do I buy autotracking? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE!!! :evil:

EDIT: How did I EVER get my relationship with the luddites to 100?????? :shock:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Faction Systems

Post by loki1950 »

Auto-tracking can usually be found at commerce centres,factories and starfortresses.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Genghis Prawn »

Practically everyone hates the Luddites and the feeling is mutual so when you hunt pirates or anyone other than Luddites your relations with the Luddites only goes up.
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Laraso »

Genghis Prawn wrote:Practically everyone hates the Luddites and the feeling is mutual so when you hunt pirates or anyone other than Luddites your relations with the Luddites only goes up.
loki1950 wrote:Auto-tracking can usually be found at commerce centres,factories and starfortresses.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Thanks for the answers. :)
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

Purists seem to be in cahoots with the Luddites...so doing Purist missions is probably why the Luddites luv ya now.
I did one rescue mission where the downed pilot was a Pirate, and then suddenly the pirates loved me even though I had 2 Pirate kills, and the Highborns and ULN started taking potshots at me, even though I had never bothered then before. The Pirates were ludicrously polite to me while I was kiling them in the first couple of Pirate kiling missions I took after that. "I won't ask ya and you won't tell me what you're doing here" :oops: Sorta made me feel guilty shooting at 'em...but a guys gotta make a livin' :mrgreen:

I've noticed the Aera seem to jump me whenever I attack Luddites lately...but then both of these factions are -100 lately...may only be a coincidence, but I suspect the Aera are also funding the Luddites.
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites