Man, now the LIHW hates and the rest of the world as well!

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Man, now the LIHW hates and the rest of the world as well!

Post by RedAdder »

Did do nothing (except maybe colliding with klkk base for a second?) while the base was fighting other ships that had collided with it. I almost had no kills and then the LIHW attacked me, a faction i had not even seen before. FYI, I wasn't leaving the starting system much and avoided kills, and now I ended up with 6 more kills, many from collisions. I guess I'll have to leave the system now, or break the immersion and go back one savegame. Or hunt a lot of pirates? :mrgreen:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Man, now the LIHW hates and the rest of the world as well!

Post by loki1950 »

. Or hunt a lot of pirates? :mrgreen:
Actually shooting Luddites will get you better factional relations they are the only faction that everyone hates :wink: shooting pirates will increase the number of LIHW on your tale :lol: as they have some ties to the pirates.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CLoneWolf
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by CLoneWolf »

"I worked my ass off for this ship! Now I'm gonna work yours over!" :twisted:
RedAdder
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by RedAdder »

So the .05 means that killing a pirate spreads to LIHW, while killing an LIHW is welcomed by the pirates (-.05) ?

Or do I have it the wrong way around?
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Keller »

Your relations with any faction are a decimal between -1 (the worst) and +1 (the best). Any positive adjustments in attitude for killing a ship is good, any negative bad.

Hope This Helps,
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

loki1950 wrote:
. Or hunt a lot of pirates? :mrgreen:
Actually shooting Luddites will get you better factional relations they are the only faction that everyone hates :wink: shooting pirates will increase the number of LIHW on your tale :lol: as they have some ties to the pirates.

Enjoy the Choice :)
The Uln like Luddites (0.05). They don't hate anybody (all their relations are >= 0), so I guess the only way to improve relations with them (short of editting the save file, of course) is F1 chat, or doing missions in Uln systems. Do regular mission-computer missions (other than ones to kill people they like) at planets in an Uln system improve relations, or does it have to be from an Uln station, or is it only bar missions, or what? I've looked for AdjustRelation() calls in data/modules, but I haven't spent enough time reading the code to figure out which code goes with what missions. I just know there are some AdjustRelations calls in the missions code.

The best way to find lots of luddites to kill is to find a clean sweep mission, preferably two in the same system. Get some good long-range weapons, like the Microwave Laser, which is ideal for killing lots of weak ships.
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

I took ONE smegging mission on an Uln planet, and went from being the Shlimazel Scurge to being the Uln's hero...only now the Rllan and the LIHW and the Andolians and the Kllk all hate me!
Even though I bagged a couple of Uln Gleaners and a Yeoman WHILE I was doing the mission :?
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

kill pirates. A lot. And Uln. Everybody loves you.

Afer a while Forsakken will start to hate you. Kill an Aera - since you have killed douzends of pirates the single aera will not hurt your standings much. Forsakken love you again.

Continue the cycle.

Never ever kill Forsakken. If you kill Forsakken, LIHW will start to hate you. Killing LIHW will make the rest angry.
domi693
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by domi693 »

Yeah. Do not kill Forsaken. I managed to get the LIHW to like me again, but the Forsaken don't seem to forgive and forget.....
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by KillerB »

Uh oh...I got tired of getting shot at by the LIHW and the Rllan and I started shooting back. So much for plan 'A'. I guess I'll just go Psycho. It's what I do best anyhow :P
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites