time dilation

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Misguided
Trader
Trader

time dilation

Post by Misguided »

Been a long time away, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Is there still a way to speed up time?

I don't want to give myself cash. I don't want to give my self a super uber ship. I just want to be able to run cargo without falling asleep waiting for my loaded-to-the-gills ploughshare to get the 250 km to that next jump portal...... :(

EDIT: The entire time I took posting this and making this edit... was during one planetary approach.

I really want to play this game... and I want to be a trader. But if I have to spend 30 minutes out of every hour staring at a slowly diminishing distance counter, I'm not going to last very long. :(
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: time dilation

Post by loki1950 »

Ah the time compression it was turned of for 0.5 but it's just a matter of reassigning some key to that command.The two cmd are TimeInc for compression and TimeReset for back to normal.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Misguided
Trader
Trader

Post by Misguided »

You, sir, are an outstanding individual.

Thanks!! :D
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

Just be careful...playing with time accel with SPEC turned on can result in suvere headache, nausea and ending up several light hours away from destination.
CdXiminez
Explorer
Explorer

Post by CdXiminez »

[quote="loki1950"]Ah the time compression it was turned of for 0.5 but it's just a matter of reassigning some key to that command.The two cmd are TimeInc for compression and TimeReset for back to normal.

Enjoy the Choice :)[/quote]

I didn't find TimeInc in my ~/.vegastrike-0.5.0/vegastrike.config, so I added these two lines under the 'Quit' command:
<bind key="[" modifier="ctrl" command="TimeInc"/>
<bind key="]" modifier="ctrl" command="TimeReset"/>
But it doesn't seem to do anything.
Can you give me a clue on how to add the time compression?