Need Urgent Help

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

Need Urgent Help

Post by elwin »

hello, I ma currently doing a mission in a rlaan sistem. it was a clean sweep. i was very glad when i saw that the reward was 100.000 but soon i found out why. I have to take out 26 aeran ships.

Finally I did manage to scan everything and had the raan to kill most of the auerans. However 5 goddam aeran are still alive, but nowhere to be found. I have went around all the planets of the system pressing H continuosly but I havent found those ships.

I have been doing this mission all day. Please help em and tell me how to find them.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

They could have jumped outsystem, in which case you have very little chance of catching them. Space is a big place. I hate when my targets jump, tho.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That does seem to be a general problem with clean sweep missions it is possible that the AI did something smart for a change and the offending ships jumped out of the system and that H should be "alt+h or alt+H* oh and BTW quilting or saving will abort the mission.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elwin »

Goddam clean sweeps .... i hate them. How the heell are you suposed to kill 26 targets without some of them running away?

Argghhhhh. This game can be really frustrating sometimes

EDIT: BTW loki you always seem to be there when an answer is needed. Thanks a lot
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

If you get them to spawn one group at a time and wipe each one out, it should be easier to keep tabs on the ships. Also, alt-# hotkeys a selected target and ctrl-# selects the previously hotkeyed target. as loki said alt-y will cycle mission targets at any range and give you a bearing at least :wink:
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Need Urgent Help

Post by -REBEL3- »

You know, we could stop clean sweep spawned ships from jumping out of system. Just add an engine hack that states that they have no jump capacitors (or drive). No more fleeing ships! 8)