How to optimize fuel?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

How to optimize fuel?

Post by elwin »

Hello, i recentkly earned enough money to buy a dostoievsky adn get rid of my llama. Of course at first I was delighted with its exceptional handling but now im having serious problems with the fuel.

I was used to overdrive constantly and travelling LOOOONG distances with the llama with practically no modification to the fuel bar, however with the dosto it just runs out soo fast. I have found myself many times in need to give up the pursuing of a bounty just to refuel.

My question is .... is there any way of changing this? WOuld improving capacitators or reactor give me extra fuel?.

I have another question too .... how does fuel get refilled. When I had the llama i never needed to buy fuel it always would be refilled automatically when docking. Now that i do i have read something about buying fuel in the upgrade ship section but I dont see the the fuel cam be bought anywhere, i always use the basic repair option adn frankly im getting tired of having to pay 2k every second for a refill.

Any tips?

EDIT: Forgot to say I dont really overdrive anymore unless i really need it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

The Basic Repair at the upgrade screen is also a refuel all mentioned in it's description.As for conserving fuel the overdrive definitely eats fuel fast and using SPEC and the auto-pilot can save you lots too as they are a separate system.You could also hack units.csv (for lower usage) or the config file variable (for no fuel usage). Have fun.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

The Dosto is an interceptor so designed for short engagements and then return to base (thus the small missile capacity, too). Basic Repair is the only way to refuel, and I think its cost has been decreased in SVN since release, but I may be wrong. :? 8) :wink:
custombycrunch
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by custombycrunch »

It may be a bug but I've found that I don't use fuel when I'm out of the combat speed range (Y)