Trading

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Trading

Post by getmoreatp »

Anyone can post a list of most/all of the cargo in Vega Strike, and where they should be bought and sold? Bought an AI Core a while ago at some research station, thinking it would be cheap...Turns out I seemed to be wrong :?
shadow_slicer
Merchant
Merchant

Post by shadow_slicer »

You could try VSTrade.
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Post by getmoreatp »

OK I run the program from the command line "java -jar vstrade.jar" and it basically says it can't find vstrade.settings.xml, master_part_list.csv, units.csv or milky_way.xml. Then it coughs up "Exception in thread-3 java.lang.illegalargumentexception: setselectedindex:0 out of bounds etc.

What do I do? :? Do I have to have VSTrade in a specific place?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

units.csv is in the "units" folder where you installed vegastrike.
master_parts_list.csv in directly in the folder you installed vegastrike
milky_way.xml is in the universe folder.

It might find all of them if you run it from inside of the install directory... otherwise you might need to copy those three files into another directory.

I don't know where the vstrade.settings.xml is.... but it probably comes with defaults and creates that XML when you run the vstrade.
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Post by getmoreatp »

OK, got it running. What file does it need in Settings, though? It says File Type: All Files yet doesn't show any... :?
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

getmoreatp wrote:OK, got it running. What file does it need in Settings, though? It says File Type: All Files yet doesn't show any... :?
Point it at the "data" directory. It knows where to find the files relative to that.
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Trading

Post by peter »

getmoreatp wrote:Anyone can post a list of most/all of the cargo in Vega Strike, and where they should be bought and sold? Bought an AI Core a while ago at some research station, thinking it would be cheap...Turns out I seemed to be wrong :?
Buy AI cores for ~10M, sell at ice planets for ~14M. Commerce centers have them cheap.

Buy autofacs (or other Industrial/construction, if you're not rich yet) from factories, trantor planets, and commerce centers (base price * 0.8). Sell at Frozen Ammonia planets (base price * 1.6).

Nothing else in the game compares to trading those items; once you can afford a couple AI cores you're pretty much done with other cargo unless you want to just because you can't leave a good trade untraded.

Mining gear is also a high profit density cargo, if you sell to the right places (mining bases, of course.)

When you're not rich yet, selling stuff to gas mines is very profitable. You can make 10x your money that way, or by buying some metals and selling on an oceanic planet.
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Post by getmoreatp »

I can't seem to find the data folder, where would it be after "C:\Program Files\Games\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0"? (that folder has ".vegastrike-0.5.0," "history" "cockpit" "bases" "universe" "masterpartlist.csv" etc)

Thanks for the info Peter! :D
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

In this case your ..\Vegastrike-0.5.0 folder is the data folder.
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Post by getmoreatp »

OK, I put C:\Program Files\Games\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0\ in the path, saved the settings and in the CMD prompt it says:

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String Index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring<unknown source>
at vstrade.data.bases.MasterPartListReader.processLine<masterpartlistreader.java;134>
and "java:109" and "java:69" "java:73" "java:48"

The fields are still untypeable. Any ideas? :?
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

getmoreatp wrote:OK, I put C:\Program Files\Games\Vega Strike\Vegastrike-0.5.0\ in the path, saved the settings and in the CMD prompt it says:

Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String Index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring<unknown source>
at vstrade.data.bases.MasterPartListReader.processLine<masterpartlistreader.java;134>
and "java:109" and "java:69" "java:73" "java:48"

The fields are still untypeable. Any ideas? :?
Are you using vstrade 0.2.0.0 with a very recent JVM (e.g. Sun Java 6.06)? I saw something like this with that combination. Get the latest alpha vstrade: 0.2.0.5alpha.
chipeater
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

i am neww

Post by chipeater »

hi i am new and i am just downloading the game so if anybody can tell me some super cool features and some controlls would be very nice :)

oh abd can u also tell me what starter ship u cud get :oops: but anyway it sounds like a awsome game and i look forward to blowing things up :twisted: :twisted:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome chipeater your starting ship is a Llama a small cargo ship with four light weapon mounts and four medium missile mounts nice little ship really but there lots of others that you can buy when you have built up your bank balance there is lots of upgrade space in the Llama so it becomes a much tougher ship :wink: you can also hack your bank balance in your save file if you are impatient to get a boos ship :lol: lots of threads on how to that :wink: and if you have any problem or further questions just post 8) Have fun.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2