Various Questions

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
michelsonluke
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Various Questions

Post by michelsonluke »

I don't know where I've been... don't know how I missed such a cool game. So thanks to those that made this game.

On the other hand... it has to be one of the most frustrating games for a newbie who really just wants to immerse themselves into the vast world.

I've got some of the basics down (not too hard for someone who put in tons of hours with privateer, wing commander and freelancer).

The questions:

Why can't I buy shields for my new ploughshare that protects the sides??? I have almost a million credits already and I can only purchase fore and aft shields. The rest are red and the game doesn't tell me why.

I'm still in the starting system (got killed going anywhere else because I have no shields, or if I use the llama, it's as good as not having shields anyhow). Do I have to go to another system?

Is there a handbook somewhere, or website that describes all the upgrades or weapons for me?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome michelsonluke we do have a Wiki :wink: and have you had a look through the pdf in the documentation folder.

As for only 2 emitter shields for the ploughshare that is by design it's primarily a merchant cargo hauler there is a Mil-spec version not sure if it can use 4 emitter shields though.Which version are you using our old stable 0.4.3 ,0.5 beta or from the svn repository it can get confusing answering queries and giving info for the wrong one :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
michelsonluke
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by michelsonluke »

Thank you! Now I can see what you're talking about on the ship info page. That puts things in perspective.

Yes, I've read the pdf, including the tutorials. Though, I suppose I missed some stuff in between!

As to which version I'm using, I really don't know. Which is better... or is that merely a matter of taste?
michelsonluke
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by michelsonluke »

Oh, I just read your post on the capitol ship question, Loki. Should I download the other version? Does that mean I have to start all over again?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You would need to start over yes the save game function was rewritten and the old saves are not compatible.Now your options for the latest version i would recommend the svn route as then up get updates and bug fixes when they happen there is lots new about the newer version lots more ships and lots more traffic in the systems got kinda ridiculous during testing last summer.And it does put more load on your system it's more of a memory hog(all those textures) so it's your call btw they can be kept separate so no need to discard 0.4.3 at all i still have on both sides of my OS divide XP and fedora.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2