Cap Ship Beam Weapons

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Cap Ship Beam Weapons

Post by Captain{}Blood »

I was finally able to scratch up enough cash for a cap ship, now I need a line on the heaviest long range beam weopon for this bad boy. I saw a tesla vaporice a corvette with a beam of some kind and I don't know what it is.
targ collective
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by targ collective »

You'll need to edit units.csv and make the Starfortress sell weapons\Capship if you want to buy them. You could also hack your game.

As I recall, though, neither the Mule or Clydsedale have capship mounts - the only thing which does right now is the Goddard with two Capship_Lights - so this is a moot point. The Capships tend to rely on turrets, so if that's the road you want to go down get a Clydsedale, buy a hold full of Goddard and start killin'.

Have fun!
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

This approach should be categorised as an exploit . . .
targ collective wrote:As I recall, though, neither the Mule or Clydsedale have capship mounts
The Ox & Clydesdale both support CapHeavy mounts, though not many of them.

To get your super-heavy beams (slightly more) legitimately, you can take your Clydesdale out for a spin & vacuum up a Tesla with your tractor beam. Then, sell the Tesla to a planet/base & purchase it into your fleet. Sell the guns off the ship & switch back to the Clydesdale. Sell the stripped Tesla & purchase the guns for your Clydesdale.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.