Dude, where's my ship?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Dude, where's my ship?

Post by SGCharest »

So I trade in the old Llama for a hot new Admonisher. I go wandering all over the universe looking for something or other. Then I decide I want to sell my old Llama.

How do I find where I left it? Or is it better just to shell out the cr6,000 and have it transported?

sgc
Tarran
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Tarran »

as far as I'm aware, you can't sell your old llama.. (the one you start with).. you can only have it moved to you.. however.. as I've discovered many times, thats not a bad thing.. as I've had my favorite ship destroyed leaving me penniless more than once.. and that llama came in handy
Do you hear, that whisper, calling unto you
O'childe of the shore
As have your brethern before you
beckoning, to sail to those distant lands
Come
embrace me, your mistress
Upon the coldest sea
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

yeah limping back to a base in an escape pod is tedious have you noticed that the pod becomes part of your "Fleet" and you can even sell yourself :lol: it's listed as pilot

Enjoy the Choice :)
Tarran
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Tarran »

can't wait till some of those rebalances come in.. limping back, and selling off my escape pod for -5000 is nasty buisness.. but I guess its better than finding yourself in a system with no trade planets in an escape pod
Do you hear, that whisper, calling unto you
O'childe of the shore
As have your brethern before you
beckoning, to sail to those distant lands
Come
embrace me, your mistress
Upon the coldest sea
cleverandamusingname
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Dude, where's my ship?

Post by cleverandamusingname »

SGCharest wrote:So I trade in the old Llama for a hot new Admonisher. I go wandering all over the universe looking for something or other. Then I decide I want to sell my old Llama.

How do I find where I left it? Or is it better just to shell out the cr6,000 and have it transported?

sgc
In the load/save game screen, your fleet & locations are listed on the right.
daschapa
Trader
Trader

Post by daschapa »

Llama is a great ship, with the correct upgrades you can make it virtually invincible.
if you equip it with milspec armor and hull upgrades, and then, you equip it again with a normal hull upgrade (you can equip a milspec and normal hull upgrade at the same time) you can get aprox 20000MJ of sustaintable damage.
shields 4 level 3 or 4, and a good reactor plus autotracking and razor guns gives you a very good punch.
Manouveriong trusters enhance the turning speed an acceleration.
Then, talk about cloaking device. you can aproach cloaked to your enemy's six, then, de-cloak and fire in his ass. When things goes black, cloak again.
I know that you can't do it all you want, and that i'm talking about very much money, but Llama is a very good ship. It is the most versatile ship in the game.
(Excuse my bad english)
=======================
Das Chapa
Course to next jump point...
Engage!!!

http://banderas-en-tu-corazon.blosgpot.com
Gilesey
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gilesey »

The llama is a great all round ship - almost too good to be a starting ship. Sometimes i think it would be better off to start with something really cheap and nasty like a dodo or hyena.

It's like starting off with a Cobra Mk III in Elite - you're almost halfway there already.
Spock
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Spock »

What? Hyenas are amazing dogfighters, Llamas suck to me. I guess it's based on opinion in this case, as right when I started I got into as many space battles as I could. Llama's are alright for cargo, =/, but Hyenas (in my opinion) can be upgraded better with the right weapons and all.
Live long and prosper.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Yes, the Llama is entirely too tolerable, one could even concieve of enjoying the game while flying it. After all, we want our players to suffer. Let's stick them in some godawful tub like the Plowshare so that it takes fifteen minutes to travel from planet to planet and they'll die the instant a pirate even looks at them.

Ooh, I've got it, let's start them out with nothing but an escape pod and fifty credits to their name!

Is the Llama versatile? Sure, and that makes it a great introduction ship for the player, they can learn all about the different subsystems- not that there's all that much to learn at this point. Does it fly like a cow, have fewer hitpoints than a sheet of kleenex, and cost more to upgrade to something resembling something decent than it would take to buy an entirely new ship? Mmmyep. I was really shocked by how much more fun the game got once I savehacked my way out of that horrible horrible ship into another one- I could actually win fights! And steer! Oh, man, the steering. I could've spent hours just going out in space and flying in circles. It did finally get old after a while, but still.

The whole tradition of forcing the player to start with the crappiest, least useful, least fun vehicle/weapon/etc. in the entire game universe was just created as an artificial way to force playtime to stretch out longer by lazy commercial devs approaching deadline anyway. If we can't find a better, less player-abusive way to make upgrading or replacing one's ship desirable, that calls into question whether there's any point to the upgrade/replacement system in the game.
daschapa
Trader
Trader

Post by daschapa »

Spock wrote:What? Hyenas are amazing dogfighters, Llamas suck to me. I guess it's based on opinion in this case, as right when I started I got into as many space battles as I could. Llama's are alright for cargo, =/, but Hyenas (in my opinion) can be upgraded better with the right weapons and all.
Hyenas are good ships dogfighting, but doesn't fit in general purpose as Llamas does.
=======================
Das Chapa
Course to next jump point...
Engage!!!

http://banderas-en-tu-corazon.blosgpot.com
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I just thought you go to a shipyard on a planet/station and your llama will be under "My Fleet" if your currently using another ship, and *I THINK
it is selleble.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I just thought you go to a shipyard on a planet/station and your llama will be under "My Fleet" if your currently using another ship, and *I THINK
it is selleble. Please correct me if I'm wrong?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

gotta put it somewhere but you can't sell your llama.begin ATM

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2