Rlaan starfortresses; hunting Clydes for fun and profit

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Rlaan starfortresses; hunting Clydes for fun and profit

Post by SGCharest »

I finally ventured out of human(oid) space and wandered into Rlaan territory. The starfort I encountered was a bear to enter: no apparent docking ports; just keep flying until you either crash into something or until you're docked. Those crzay Rlaaans! I also encountered the same problem with them that I had noticed with Andolians: multiple Rlaan vessels (I counted 50+) which come up when I press the "n" key to go through the radar looking for jumps, planets, etc. And the buggers kept annoying me with contraband searches and generally tying up my comms.

Also took a mission to take out a single Clydesdale -- this with my trusty milspec Goddard with more-or-less functioning turret. Anybody got any hints about taking these things on? Torpedoes seem to go awry (I assume it's ECM); f/f missiles do little damage, and when I get close enough to cut loose with the beams, so does the Clydesdale and, so far, it mangles me pretty quickly.

Thoughts?

sgc
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

You're taking on a miles-long capital warship in a fighter. And you want advice on how to go about that.

Um... don't?
mrcann
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by mrcann »

cloack/decloack, target its turrets and destroy them with your long range goddard turrets (29kms), then its a sitting duck that can be taken out with torps :)
Agent556
Trader
Trader

Post by Agent556 »

well, the goddard is a bomber so actually yeah he should be able to take on a clydesdale... im just wondering if he has adv torpedoes. its a MUST!
Accu-Accelerated
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Accu-Accelerated »

Yeah, most of the alien bases, and especially the Rlaan starfortress need to be replaced.

As for taking down a clydesale, use a cloaking device, destroy the turrets with your beams (target them by pressing b after you targeted the Clydesale). AFTER all of the turrets are destroyed, THEN shoot all of your torpedos at the Clydesale. The turrets will shoot down your torpedos, so that's why you have to destroy them first.
loki1950
The Shepherd

re Rlaan starfortrest

Post by loki1950 »

i remember my first docking with the Rlann starfortress in a ejection pod the fortress was in an asteroid field :twisted: after banging off the hull a couple of times i got vaporized :( very frustrating the factory sation in CVS also has a few issuses the docking square dissapears as you aproch it.

Enjoy the Choice :)
SGCharest
Merchant
Merchant

Post by SGCharest »

Ryder P. Moses wrote:You're taking on a miles-long capital warship in a fighter. And you want advice on how to go about that.

Um... don't?
Yeah, I think that's a good course of action until I find a cloaking device.

Do I have to seduce a Rlaan captain to get a cloaking device??????????

sgc
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Hi,

no, you'll find it easily on Andolian cap ships and sometimes on clydesdales.

Oh, about bounty on them: don't do it.

The factions, who are big enough to use clydes, are usually advanced enough to make your life a total misery.

If you want to fight big ships, get a bounty on pirates or Aeran. At least everybody will love you for that.