Why the escape pod?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
HammerFall
Explorer
Explorer

Why the escape pod?

Post by HammerFall »

Ok, this is a really silly question, but what's the point of the escape pod? I mean, so what if you died? You could just respawn and/or get to a computer and load up your last saved file, right?

So what's the point of using the escape pod?
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

There are some people who play the game where if you're still alive, play it straight. I like it the way it is.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
Culture20
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Culture20 »

It would be nice in that case to have 1 or 2 storage units in the escape pod, to help you rebuild your empire. Otherwise, if you don't have the cash to buy another ship, you're stuck running bounty missions with a hand-laser. :wink:
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

IIRC, the pod doesn't even have a spec drive, so those 1-2 cubic meters of storage would be useless. But, I agree, Culture.

I think once the 3D interiors get implemented, there will be some opportunities to make money on bases and planets. Besides, there's always the Dodo. :P
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

Hey, don't mock the Dodo, it's what I got started with. 100 units of cargo just isn't enough to do good merchanting with. ;)

Oh, and the escape pods do have SPEC... sorta. If your minimum SPEC multiplier is something other than 1, you can keep tapping it over and over to get places. ;)

Of course, there's always speed unlimiting and time compression... just make sure you start decelerating at the half-way mark.
TraderVix
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TraderVix »

I hate to bump an old topic but this on reminded me of a question I had.

I was flying off from a series of misadventures trying to S&C a sector when, much to my dismay I did not, in-fact, cycle through my missile load out by pressing Shift-W instead, what I did, was eject (dang finger dyslexia). So, as tears came to my eyes, I watched my beloved and battle scarred ship fully loaded with my prize winning beef drift away. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to spend my last bit of cred on cargo that moo's but, never let it be said that I'm not a cow lover. Try as I might, hailing my estranged ship was for naught. With no-one at the controls but ol' Betsy, there was no-one with moveable thumbs to engage the tractor beam. Which leads me to my query: is there a way, just on the off chance you're too .... distracted to notice that your finger is actually on the eject button, to retrieve your ship?
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

Switch control (I think with '[' or ']')

I think that's what you need.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!