Regarding the dynamic universe...

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Regarding the dynamic universe...

Post by smbarbour »

I haven't tried this yet (I'm hoping to hook my PC up this weekend), but systems are populated when the engine generates them right?

If I didn't particularly like the contents of a system, could I just delete the generated file and let the engine build a new one? I won't even begin to imagine the confusion that could be caused by deleting your current system.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
cshank4
Merchant
Merchant

Post by cshank4 »

I'm pretty sure it's every new game, although all the planets retain their same names.
Moon hangs around
a blade over my head
reminds me
what to do before I’m dead
night consumes light
and all I dread
reminds me what to do before I’m dead
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It's complex.

Significant units: planets, bases, jumppoints, are created on system generation.

Insignificant ones (The others, ships, etc...) are spawned whenever you get close to a significant unit. Messy, I'm sure it will change before the next release (I hope), but it's the way it is.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Ivan
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by Ivan »

I know it's not exactly the subject, but just noticed - an orbital medical facility merged into a starfortress by approx 1/3rd of it's bulk size, and you know.. it looks pretty.
When facing a beholder, don't make a face of a genius and start telling me that it's time for a headshot.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

That seems to happen occasionally.

OT - Did you take a screenshot?
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.