Cargo Mission = Vist Thales: Triassic <3>

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Misguided
Trader
Trader

Cargo Mission = Vist Thales: Triassic <3>

Post by Misguided »

Got a cargo mission to Sumitlor, and got told to Vist Thales: Triassic <3>.

Can't find anything of the sort, and alt-n keeps pointing me at random ships.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ack! Just saw that I put this in gameplay instead of the help forum..... mea culpa. Can it be moved?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Cargo Mission = Vist Thales: Triassic <3>

Post by loki1950 »

Are you on windows by any chance if so it may not be recognizing the "alt" key :twisted: this may be a fault in the library we use for I/O so remapping the command may be necessary.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Genghis Prawn »

I found that happens on high pay cargo runs (either via mission computer or via merchant in bar mission. Either way I found that if I dock somewhere (station/planet) save the game, quit, then restart game and reload that particular save .. I can then find the new ship it gives me for the mission completion. Occasionally I might need to do that a couple/three times before I can get a ship existing in the system. I suspect that when that occurs it may be because the destination ship was at a jump point when entering the system and it happened to jump shortly after that. Or perhaps it landed/docked at a planet or something.

I have flown around the system looking at the various jump points and stations/planets for the listed vessel. (A Thales btw is a pirate capital ship or that is the impression I have gotten when seeing them.) And I have found the u key more useful for looking for a vessel. n (and alt+n) doesn't always give me the vessel for a mission completion. u cycles through all man-made objects (leaving out jump points and planets . . and giving you all the ships/vessels in range of your sensors .. a good reason for getting advanced sensors .. bigger sensor range).
Misguided
Trader
Trader

Post by Misguided »

Thanks for the replys.

I took Genghis' idea, and when I reloaded the game, it was telling me to go to a mining base... which hadn't even existed previously. However, it was right where it was supposed to be this time. Go figure.

Back to trying to make money. :)