Gunrunning

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
darkov
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Gunrunning

Post by darkov »

Hi, I'm new to VS but I've been looking long and hard for a game in the likes of Elite or Freelancer and am pretty keen to give this a go!

Everything seems fairly straightforward at the moment, but I'm looking to get into contraband. I.E. Slaves, guns, anything for a high price. Could any veterans
recommend a useful ship for this? The Hyena may be what I'm after, but if you've got any other suggestions I'd be really happy to hear them. I'm looking for something fast with a bit of cargo space that won't disintegrate under pressure. Those Luxury Yachts from the Luxury Travel Conglomerate look pretty badass as well :mrgreen:

Also, any recommended areas of space for pursuing this kind of work?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Gunrunning

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome darkov the hyena doesn't have much cargo space it's primarily a light fighter the starting ship the llama isn't to bad for grey market work just pimp it up :wink: better armour,guns,shield,sensors and reactor watch your total mass though as you quickly loose agility with added mass then get auto-tracking for all your weapon mounts so every shot counts :D when the bad boys come to take your cargo.BTW the luxury yachts aren't for sale :( but it's an easy hack to get any ship you really want :wink:

Because of the dynamic universe your game universe is unique so where to go for productive(fun) trading is not where i would as the universe that was generated is different.If you have any questions or issues just post.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
darkov
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkov »

Sounds good. Just a quick question, what's the deal with ship components showing up in red and maroon? I'm not sure what the maroon colour means, afaik I have enough credits/free slots to purchase an item but still can't?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Red means that a particular upgrade is just won't fit or is forbidden for that ship or you already have one so try selling the lower quality version first not sure about maroon

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Maroon means you have enough money for that upgrade but not enough space.
I think the Schroedinger is quite acceptable for contraband. Contraband tends to be smaller scale stuff, so the 15 (or 20?) m³ it offers should suffice + it can cloak (but has very weak weapons).
Personally I'm using a Dostoevsky for all kinds of smaller trading. It is fast, quite durable and with two heavy ion beams (or ktek) and one torpedo something to be reconned with.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.