Confused with external Image linking and formatting (VSWiki)

Discussion and planning of required developer support for multiple languages, and design and commentary on tools and techniques to assist with the automation of generating language specific structures.
Dreamweb
Explorer
Explorer

Confused with external Image linking and formatting (VSWiki)

Post by Dreamweb »

Hi,

I was just translating some pages of the VSWiki to German and wanted to fix the broken Images (Concourse, Hangar, etc...). Checked the links and hat to recognize, that the thumbed versions are simply not there. As a solution I tried to find out how to thumbnail the screenshots in existence (http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/album ... screen.jpg)
but just only found info regarding internally linked images.

My question: Is it possible to format (specifically thumnailing) externally linked images like the VSWiki uses from it's Sourceforge filebase?
In addition I'm not quit sure if the syntax of Media Wiki software had been changed in the past years..., and how old the Medie Wiki software used for the VSWiki is. Well, the Media Wiki documentation isn't very friendly concerning external linking ("External links? Images??! Oh no, you shalt not link externally!" - GRR!), the first thing popping up after entering your search is a so called "essay" on the sense of such undertaking... :roll:

Ok, long speech, liitle content:
1. Is there a possiblity or do I have to create new thumbed versions?
2. How can I submit the thumbies / upload it?
3. What about Wikimedia Commons? Is there a VS upload page, where these thumbs could be stored? (found some pictures but did not want to submit anything VS before asking...)

Thanks in advance,

bye...
Blasphemy is when the voiceless speak...
Dreamweb
Explorer
Explorer

got the trick

Post by Dreamweb »

Hi,

just wanted to say that i finally got the trick.
Unfortunately I was unaware of the PHP Gallery were users can add images for the wiki. After a bit copy and paste with other links I eventually was able to link the thumbnails, which I created.

Don't know if they are (still) in existence, I didn't find anything. So I'll use the the full size screenies, crop and resize them uploading them with *_thumb.png affix.

Hope this is okay.

BTW is somewhere an explanation / guideline of how to work with the php gallery?

So long!
Blasphemy is when the voiceless speak...