VSFT: advancement

For these who want to play at Vega Strike in french, come here!<br>Pour ceux qui veulent jouer à Vega Strike en français, c'est ici!

Moderator: Gorrünwe

Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

VSFT: advancement

Post by Gorrünwe »

Ok. I just start the translation...

... And as several people here said: glut don't support accents :wink:

So, i decide not to consider this question, for the moment. So i am/will translating the whole game without accents. As i said, it still readable. :D

Now the advancement: today, i just finish to translate the file modules/bounty.py

Ok ok, it's very little... But, FOR THE FIRST TIME, I CAN READ THE BOUNTY INSTRUCTIONS IN FRENCH!!!! AND IT'S GREAT!!!! :D :D :D

For this evening (it is 22h31 in France), i try to make the more *.py files i can!

P.S: i vonluntary lock this topic for you to have an understanding advancement report. :D

Bon je viens de débuter la traduction!

... Et comme certains l'ont dit: glut ne supporte pas les accents!

J'ai donc décidé de ne pas me préoccuper de la question pour l'instant et donc de traduire l'ensemble du jeu sans les accents. Comme je l'ai déjà dit, cela reste lisible!

Maintenant, l'avancement: aujourd'hui je viens de finir de traduire le fichier modules/bounty.py

Ok, ok, c'est pas beaucoup mais POUR LA PREMIERE FOIS JE PEUX LIRE LES INSTRUCTIONS DES ASSASSINATS EN FRANCAIS!!!! ET CA TUE SA MERE!!!!

Pour ce soir (il est 22h31) en France, j'ai l'intention de traduire le plus de *.py que je peux!

P.S: j'ai volontairement locké ce sujet pour qu'il reste compréhensible!
Last edited by Gorrünwe on Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorrünwe
Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gorrünwe »

There are news since yesterday! :D

I have finish the translations of the following files: mission/defend.py, mission/cargo_mission.py

Now, i am on a big, big part of the translation: the mission/dynamic_news_content.py

As its name says, the file contains the news texts (available in the mission/bar screens). It's very long to translate as it contains ALL the news available in the game and ALL the faction name/inhabitants/nicks IDs...
I am working on it since yesterday evening and i haven't made half of the traduction!!!! :shock:

Y a du nouveau depuis hier!

J'ai fini les traductions des fichiers suivants: mission/defend.py, mission/cargo_mission.py

Maintenant je suis sur une grosse grosse partie de la traduction: le fichier mission/dynamic_news_content.py

Comme son nom le dit, il s'agit des textes de news (disponibles dans les écrans de mission/bar). C'est très long à traduire vu qu'il contient TOUTES les news disponibles dans le hey ainsi que tous les ID de nom/habitants/surnom de faction...
Je suis dessus depuis hier soir et je n'ai même pas fait la moitié du fichier!
Gorrünwe
Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gorrünwe »

That's right! Thanks to Pincushionman and JackS helps they are bringing to me about translation, i have finish... the half of the dynamic_news_content.py

As i said previously, it's a VERY VERY VERY long file (probably the biggest one!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

More details: yesterday, i had finished the faction translations and the quarter of the texts.
Today, i have made another quarter.

Maybe i'll finish this file translation tomorrow or the day after... :roll:

Super! Grâce aux aides de Pincushionman et à JackS qu'ils sont en train de m'apporter, j'ai pu finir... la moitié du fichier dynamic_news_content.py

Comme je l'ai dit précédemment, c'est un fichier ENORRRRRRRME (probablement le plus gros du jeu)

Pour plus de détails: hier, j'ai fait les traductions de faction et le quart des textes.
Aujourd'hui, je m'occupe d'un autre quart

Probablement que j'aurais fini ce fichier demain ou après-demain...
Gorrünwe
Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gorrünwe »

So, what am i doing now... Yesterday i had enough of the dynamic_news_content.py
For everyone, translating strapping news during 3 days has a boring side... :D

So since yesterday, i have translated the dynamic missions files and now i translate communication files (when you talk with planets, stations or other ships), and it's funny! :lol:
In this task, i say that the most difficult is to make the difference between the formal "you" (translated by "vous') and the familiar one (translated by "tu")...

Alors qu'est ce que je fais maintenant... Hier j'en avais assez du fichier dynamic_news_content.py
Pour n'importe qui, traduire des nouvelles sanglantes pendant 3 jours a un coté ennuyeux... :D

Donc depuis hier, j'ai traduit les fichiers de missions dynamiques et maintenant je traduis les fichiers de communications (lorsque vous parlez avec des planètes, des stations ou autres vaisseaux) et c'est assez marrant! :lol:
Dans cette tache, je dirais que le plus difficile est de faire la différence entre le "tu" familier et le "vous" formel...
Gorrünwe
Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gorrünwe »

Good...
After i had come back from holidays, i continue the work!

Concerning the dynamic news file, i made 2/3 of it. Translate this file allows me to see the *GREAT* number of available news! :shock:

About the communication files, are made:
*pirates
*privateers
*iso
*aera
*hunters
*rlaan (i'm finishing it)
Concerning this side of the translation, i have to say there is a certain work of text adaptation. It is not always obvious to find if a sentence is familiar or not...

Concerning the interface, Etheral Walker started it a few days before. At this moment, i don't know anything about his progression

Bien...
Après mon retour de vacances, je reprends le boulot!

Concernant le fichier de news, j'en suis aux 2/3. C'est pas mal de traduire ça vu que ça m'a permis de voir le grand nombre de news disponibles! Complètement dingue! :shock:

Au sujet des fichiers de communications, j'ai traduit:
*pirates
*privateers
*iso
*aera
*hunters
*rlaan (en cours de finition)
Concernant cet aspect de la traduction, je dois dire qu'il y a un certain travail d'adaptation. En fait c'est pas toujours évident de savoir si une phrase est familière ou guindée...

Quant à l'interface, c'est Etheral Walker qui l'a commencé il y a quelques jours. En ce moment, je sais pas du tout où il en est
Gorrünwe
Gorrünwe
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gorrünwe »

At this moment, Etheral Walker and I have made a great progression
8)

First, Etheral Walker has made a splash screen (the colonisation one), has prepared several one for translations (the pictures sources were lost, so he has to dissociate text and background).
Then, he manages to translate the JUMP and the OVERLOAD indications in the cockpit (ok, it's not very hard... when you know the game structure!)

About my work: i achieve the translation of the missions briefings. Indeed, some factions names were still in english.
Moreover, i manage to put the time in french mode. I try a clean method before i use a "brutal one"... :lol:

That's all folks! :D
Gorrünwe