French traduction for the wiki -Traduction française du wiki

For these who want to play at Vega Strike in french, come here!<br>Pour ceux qui veulent jouer à Vega Strike en français, c'est ici!

Moderator: Gorrünwe

greendreamer
Trader
Trader

French traduction for the wiki -Traduction française du wiki

Post by greendreamer »

Hello to all,
Newcomer in the wonderful world of Vegastrike, I wish to bring my small stone to this magnificent game. Not knowing how to code, not being an artist, but knowing how to speak French, I'd like to continue translating the wiki.

Question 1: Is there nearby people motivated to continue this titanic undertaking?

Question 2: I read the Manual of style and wiki's docs about translation, and had fun in the sandbox. Thus, I think I can cope with these aspects.
On the other hand, for the translation itself, do you know softwares which allow to accelerate the process (I planned to use an on-line translation software, as Reverso, but maybe, better ones exist)? In particular, if former translators are present, how did you make?

Bye for now!
Greendreamer
-----------------------------------------------

Bonjour à tous,
Nouveau venu dans le monde merveilleux de Vegastrike, je souhaite apporter ma petite pierre à ce magnifique édifice. Ne sachant pas coder, n'étant pas artiste, mais sachant parler Français, je me propose de continuer la traduction du wiki.

Question 1 : y a t-il aux alentours des gens motivés pour continuer cette entreprise titanesque ?

Question 2 : j'ai bien lu le manuel de style et les docs du wiki sur la traduction, et me suis bien amusé dans le bac à sable. De ce côte, donc, je pense maîtriser.
En revanche, pour la traduction elle-même, connaissez-vous des logiciels qui permettent d'accélérer le processus (je comptais m'aider d'un logiciel de traduction en ligne, comme reverso, mais il y a peut-être mieux...) ? En particulier, si d'anciens traducteurs sont présents, comment avez-vous fait ?

A bientôt !
Greendreamer
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Re: French traduction for the wiki -Traduction française du

Post by pheonixstorm »

The only online translators I know of are babelfish and google.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Thank you Pheonixstorm,

Finally, I chose the Google translator (...and my human common sense :mrgreen: ) to help for translation work.
Apparently, Babelfish was acquired by Microsoft, and is now called Bing translator.
As I started with the google one, I will continue like that.
See you soon! :wink:
Greendreamer
---------------------------------

Merci Pheonixstorm,

Finalement, j'ai opté pour le traducteur de Google (... et mon bon-sens humain :mrgreen: ) pour aider au travail de traduction.
Apparemment, Babelfish a été acheté par Microsoft, et s'appelle maintenant Bing Translator.
Comme j'ai commencé avec celui de Google, je vais continuer comme-ça.
A bientôt! :wink:

GreenDreamer
greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Just to take stock of french translation of the wiki, and to appeal possible french speaking contributors :

I've translated what wasn't in the manual beginning :
(At the same time, I'd like to thank Lepiote and Belafgan, who had already worked on it)
- Pages linked to the introduction
- Installation
- Tutorial
- I am currently translating pages of the "Interface" chapter

If somebody wants to participate, please don't hesitate.
Wether to translate pages that are not, or to correct what has already been done, wether to translate a single page or the whole database ;-)
Everybody is welcome. If necessary, I can help you get started.
See you
Greendreamer

--------------------------------
Juste pour faire un petit point sur la traduction française du wiki, et appeler d'éventuels contributeurs francophones :

J'ai traduit ce qui ne l'était pas dans le début du manuel :
(au passage, merci à Lepiote et Benlafgan, qui avaient déjà bien travaillé dessus).
- Pages reliées à l'introduction
- Installation
- Tutoriel
- Je suis en train de traduire les pages du chapitre « Interface »

Si quelqu'un a envie de participer, n'hésitez pas !
Que ce soit pour traduire les pages qui ne le sont pas, ou pour reprendre ce qui a déjà été fait, que ce soit pour traduire une seule page ou toute la base de données ;-) ...
Tout le monde est le bienvenu. Si besoin est, je peux vous aider à démarrer.
A+
Greendreamer

greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Done it! The manual is translated into French.
These are yet numerous pages to translate in the wiki (database, howtos), but I won't do it now.
I'll correct what I've done (typos, broken links), and begin to update pages in English and French.
See you soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ca y est, le manuel est traduit en français.
Il reste de nombreuses autres pages à traduire (base de données, howtos), mais je ne le ferai pas tout de suite.
Je vais juste corriger ce que j'ai déjà fait (fautes d'orthographe, liens cassés...), et commencer à mettre à jour certaines pages en anglais et français.
A+
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Merci beacoup greendreamer. My written French is very limited even though it is technically my first language :shock:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Hi Loki1950,
Thanks to you all for this beautiful game.

PS : You are born in an area of Canada where French is spoken?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

French-Canadian parents living in a predominately English area :lol: so my education was all in English :) limiting my French.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Gr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gr »

I'm french, and will see what I can translate to french.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Bien venu GregoireG have at it 8) If you run into a word or concept that is unfamiliar just ask.

Gr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gr »

Bonsoir,

j'ai un peu de mal avec les Wiki, mais j'en connais le principe.
Est ce qu'il y a une méthode pour savoir quelles sont les pages qui restent à traduire en Français?

There is a method to know what need to be translated?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

As far as I know there has been little translation done at all so there is lots to be done.

Gr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gr »

The manual (on wiki) seems to be full translated.

I will find what to translate, don't worry.
greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Hello GrégoireG.
Cool, a playfellow!! ;-P
Yes, I finished the manual translation few months ago. If you want to translate something, there's, uh... everything else. -_-'
- The FAQ translation, especially, was started, but never finished.
- And the database... but it's a huge work.
Now I am updating the installation section (in English and French), and trying to fix broken links for the pictures. But if you want to embark on this adventure, I can hep.
- And of course, feel free to revise the manual translation!
- Otherwise, these are the contributor's station and the Wiki trading post... not the most fun, but really useful.

To know if a page was translated or not, I look at the language bar, in the top of the page. I don't know of a more automatic way to do it.

In the translation page (http://wiki.vega-strike.org/VsWiki:Translation), you will find useful informations on dealing with the language bar to create french pages.
And you can train yourself in the sandbox http://wiki.vega-strike.org/SandBox .
See you on the wiki! ;-)

----------------------------------------------

Bonjour GrégoireG,
Cool, un camarade de jeux! ;-P
Effectivement, j'ai fini la traduction du manuel il y a quelques mois. Si tu veux traduire quelque-chose, il y a, euh... tout le reste. -_-'
- La traduction des FAQs, notamment, a été initiée, mais jamais terminée
- Et la base de données.. mais c'est un travail énorme.
Actuellement, je mets à jour la page d'installation, et j'essaie de réparer les liens brisés pour les images. Mais si tu veux te lancer sur la base de données, je peux aider.
- Et bien-sûr, tu peux corriger à loisir la traduction du manuel!
- Sinon, il y a la station des contributeurs et le "poste commercial" du Wiki. Peut-être pas le plus drôle à traduire, mais vraiment utile.

Pour savoir si une page est traduite ou non, je regarde la barre de langage, en haut d'une page. Je ne connais pas de moyen plus automatique de vérifier si la traduction est faite.

Dans la page sur les traducitons (http://wiki.vega-strike.org/VsWiki:Translation) , tu trouveras toutes les infos pour gérer la barre de langage, afin de créer de nouvelles pages françaises.
Et tu peux t'entraîner dans le bac à sable http://wiki.vega-strike.org/SandBox .
A + sur le wiki! ;-)
Gr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gr »

Hi!

I will search what I can translate in the FAQ.
But, I prefer play to Pioneer... and make dream to play in merged project :)

See you later.
----------

Bonsoir,

je vais voir ce que je peux traduire dans la FAQ.
Par contre, je préfère m'amuser avec Pioneer, et je rêve que les deux projets fusionnent.

A bientôt
greendreamer
Trader
Trader

Post by greendreamer »

Hi,
Thanks Grégoire for any contribution to the wiki traduction,
I went to see Pioneer. Not bad! (even if I got shot by police before leaving Earth's atmosphere ;-) ).

I'll try it again later.
See you.
Greendreamer

--------------------

Salut Grégoire,
Merci pour toute contribution à la traduction du wiki.

J'ai été voir Pionner. Ça a l'air vraiment pas mal! (même si je me suis fait abattre par la police avant même de quitter l'atmosphère terrestre ;-) ).
Je réessaierai tantôt.
Bonne soirée
Greendreamer.